View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: No Manual Focus Assist with the 17mm 1.8???

I posted this last night but it seems to have disappeared??? (maybe I only pressed "preview post" and not "submit reply".)
Anyway here it is again:
Here is a screen shot from a review on youtube of this lens. Whilst extolling the virtues of the manual clutch the reviewer failed to notice that he has just focused PAST infinity! - a long way past (see attached picture)
Having established in this thread that the clutch is not meant for engaging manual focus in any normal sense but merely to put it into manual and to use the depth of field scale for focusing, this requires an accurate depth of field scale. My depth of field scale is the same as in the reviewer's. It's not just out, it is WAY OUT! It is utterly useless for that purpose as well.
Surely the everyone who has bought this lens has paid a percentage of the cost of their purchase (the implementation of this feature won't have come cheap) on something that is totally unfit for purpose - any purpose!
Incidentally I checked my Olympus pro lens (the only other 4/3 lens I own as I am new to this system) and the distance scale goes so far beyond infinity it's in another galaxy! Again I'm speechless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard Image.jpg (48.3 KB, 8 views)