View Single Post
Old 6th November 2018
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts
Re: Tony Northrup believes micro-four-thirds is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
If this E-M1X has a built in grip then it should be less bulky than the E-M1 Mk II with the HLD-9 with more efficient use of space & be much more reliable for weather sealing. It won't be as much the camera one would always have with them, unlike the more compact arrangement of an E-M1 Mk II (including bottom Arca Swiss plate) & 12-40 lens that I put in a Kata bag (DC-439 DL) for minimal baggage bulk.
However, I can see it would go well in a holster type bag with the coming (hopefully) 150-400 F4.0-5.6 lens though.

A built-in vertical grip & with wireless flash triggering (hopefully) makes it sound like more of a Pro camera.

An interesting thought which I simply had not considered.

One flaw in it is that some people, myself included, decided that I would not get the grip for the Mk2 and just had an extra battery. I had one for the MK1 and very rarely used it.

On that basis the extra size compared to a "naked" MK2 is a backward step and going away from one of the major selling points of the system.

We should all remember of course this whole discussion is based on rumour and conjecture.

Hec
Graham from Wirral (6th November 2018)