View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Camera Raw for Elements 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
E-PL5 RAWs aren't supported by Adobe at all as far as I know.

By the way, Graham - you really need to discover Lightroom or something like that

Ian
I'd agree with you about LR Ian in terms of the step up in power, but for the life of me I can't get into a decent workflow with LR. I used PSE for years before I bought a Mac and as Adobe were being really sú$tty with me about transferring my PSE and CS4 license from windows to mac I've never given them another penny, so I switched to iPhoto and then to Aperture.

I really have a great workflow with Aperture, but I (as most Mac users are) am well aware of it's limitations - it does cost less than PSE after all - but last year Panasonic gave me free copy of LR3 with my new Lumix G3. I've tried, really I have. I'd love better noise reduction, love gradient adjustments, love lens correction - I just can't get comfortable with the layout, the file structure, having to jump between the Library and Develop tabs which seems to take ages...

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd love to be able to get the cheap LR4 upgrade and develop my OM-D raws in that - I hear from my Panny owning friends that it renders pretty much any RAW file better than the ACR's of the past, so it must be better than Apertures efforts.

Maybe one day...

James