View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019

Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Flickr for beginners

Interesting discussion. I decided to spend the money on a FlickrPro subscription this year. It was about 40 for one year. For this you get the Flickr Uploadr application which allows to upload direct from a folder. The other thing I like is that the uploader app by default makes the uploaded photos private in the Flickr account so they are not visible to anyone but myself unless I explicitly make them public in Flickr. On my Mac I export full size HQ JPEGs from CaptureOne into a folder that is monitored by the Uploadr application and they eventually get uploaded into my account to an album with the same name as the folder. I tend to create a folder for each month like "April 2019". The only slight annoyance is it publishes the path to the folder in the album description -- but you can change it. Then from my Android phone using the FlickR android app I can decide whether I want to make photos public or share them via email or social media etc when I am away from my Mac. I am now finding that I upload much more of my photography into Flickr so I have it in the cloud in case of something drastic like loss of local files / fires etc. Something I recently noticed is Flickr allows to view your account according to the Public View / Friends View / Family View or All Photos in the Web and Android mobile app so you can be sure of what is publicly visible. Flickr does seem to have improved since I first signed up to it years ago. Of course, I am also locking myself into the annual subscription for Flickr!
The Following User Liked This Post:
IainMacD (9th April 2019)