View Single Post
Old 15th July 2018

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Re: First proper trip with the EM1 - and I have some issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
Good lord, 2000+ images to sort, I wouldn't know where to begin.
Quote:
I use LightRoom and import direct from the SD card. Never had an issue, but I generally have no more than 50 digi shots from a day's photography.
I'm importing them now. A usual day's outing for me is probably 50-200 shots.

I also use Lightroom, principally the pick/rejects flags. My usual process is to go through them initially and "reject" the ones that aren't even worse looking at - obviously out of focus, bits of trees, that sorta thing. In this case I'm hoping to end up with 100-200 images at the end of this stage. I'll then go through again, picking the best versions of multiple singe shots (so if I have say, five versions of three red arrows going from left to right I'd pick the best of them and reject the others. I may choose to do some light processing as I do this pass through. I'll then do the final full edit of whatever's left; obviously rejecting any that deserve it. I need to get better at naming and tagging my images.

Quote:
It was Henri Cartier-Bresson who said one's first 10,000 'shots' [I doubt he would use the word 'shot' incidentally] are the worst, so you're well on your way to becoming a star!
I've heard the quote before, and I'm also aware of the 10,000 hours to become an expert line.

To my surprise, my LR catalogue's at nearly 28k - but I'm not sure I've put the hours in yet

dJE