View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2017
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts
Re: Memory Card OM-D E-M1 Mark II suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
Hec

Can you recommend a card reader for the UHS11 cards. Fortunately I have USB3 sockets on the main machine.

Thank you
I bought a Hama device for which the link from Amazon is below. I'm sure you may be able to get it elsewhere but I'm lazy so did the scary Amazon one click thing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N9QD7FC

One additional thing on this is to plug this into the PC rather than a USB hub. That way you are coming straight off the motherboard header and you can be sure of getting maximum bandwidth. I did try mine in a hub and it wouldn't work at all which was unexpected but a non-issue as I have a USB3 socket on the front panel of my PC.

Hope this helps.

Regarding the LEXAR vs Sandisk debate. I did had troubles occasionally before the MK II firmware update but not since so perhaps there was both a Lexar firmware problem plus whatever the problem was that Oly spotted and fixed. On my experience I suspect I had just the latter.

The reason I bought the Lexar was because it was on an excellent offer from MyMemory at the time. I have not seen anything remotely as good since.

cheers

Hec
DerekW (22nd March 2017)