View Single Post
Old 5th May 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: No Manual Focus Assist with the 17mm 1.8???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikie John View Post
Sorry Talkingdrum - I (think I) understand your problem and don't wish to downplay it. My first response was to you, as an attempt to explain how it might have come about, even though that doesn't help you solve it.

My second response was an entirely flippant one to Phill - referring to the fact that we often have posts from people who have accidentally set the MF mode on without realising and then wonder why the lens won't AF.

John
Don't worry about it, I didn't take any offence. I'm just venting my frustration. I chose that as a light weight walk around over the Panasonic for that feature alone and I'm just astonished it behaves in that way. There may well be a technical reason that it can't be changed with a firmware update or it may be a marketing decision not to do it. Either way it's really not so important, it's definitely a "first world" problem.
I have sent the lens back and they are sending me the Panasonic 20mm in exchange. I know I am going to prefer the 40mm equivalent better because I always find 35mm a little too wide for my taste.