View Single Post
Old 19th February 2014

Liked 295 Times in 186 Posts
Re: Trading on the e-group forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
In the end it is down to the buyer to do what they want to with whatever they have bought but all we are asking is that if they are aiming to make a short term profit, to do it outside of the this site. I think that is more than reasonable.Ian
This is a very reasonable and sensible statement and I totally agree, I have personally bought off and sold on the forum and it is indeed a very valuable resource, in fact I will shortly offer my E-M5 & 12mm for sale here as I have just bought an E-M1 off of a member. BUT it is my belief that if you are looking to 'quickly profit' off of the back of another member it goes against the 'spirit' of this very warm and friendly forum, and that's coming from a capitalist

Of course once you have paid for the item/s they are yours to do with as you so wish, and if you wish to sell on at a profit that is your choice BUT in the interest of harmony and dare-I-say fairness you should do so 'outside' of this forum, i.e. ebay / gumtree etc.

As an aside, if one is "buying and selling" on a frequent and largish scale I trust one is letting HMRC know so that one pays the relevant income tax on the 'profit' as HMRC WILL class you as effectively running a business and want their dues. HMRC often patrol car boot sales as these have in many cases gone from someone selling 'one or two' items to individuals making ( or attempting to ) a healthy living from them

Regards

Simon
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Ian (19th February 2014), Johnheatingman (19th February 2014)