View Single Post
Old 21st September 2018

Liked 767 Times in 525 Posts
Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
It must be desperate. Almost every time I visit a hospital I see large groups of people, mainly nurses, standing around putting the world to rights; probably complaining about the government, having too much to do or not being paid enough.
Certainly not the experience of my wife who was utterly destroyed by the NHS system. Not enough nurses to staff a ward safely (she was an elderly care sister) let alone to cope with sick leave and holidays, zero contingency and just plain dangerous, staff regularly working 12+ hour days, no time for breaks, and people wonder why mistakes happen (thankfully not to her or her excellent team). My mother was recently on her old ward and frankly it had turned to **** despite the best efforts of most of the staff. Saying all that Mum was even more recently in a community hospital and there it was a bit like a holiday camp. Huge disparity between two hospitals within 10 miles of each other yet different management / ownership. Frankly the NHS in our part of Dorset is on its knees and Donald Ducked.