View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019

Liked 361 Times in 235 Posts
Re: Age-Related Difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornish View Post
I think you have hit the nail on the head. The use of IT consultants in the public sector is ridiculous. Its become accepted as the norm and huge amounts of money are being wasted. There is almost a closed shop of "approved" consultants that simply make sure their gravy train continues. If you pay peanuts for your own experts then guess what you get?
In the local council I have knowledge of, the majority of " Managers " had no formal qualifications relating to their positions. The person in charge of road and street layout and planning made a massive error resulting in a cost of hundreds thousands of pounds and the newly completed work having to be ripped up and re done. This, despite being told and warned by his underlings that his plans breached EU rules. As always, nothing happened to him and as far as I know he is still in the same management position. The person in charge of IT and council security is an ex painter and decorator. Within councils it's not a matter of what you know and how qualified you are but simply a matter of Who You Know

Jax
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Naughty Nigel (22nd September 2019), wornish (22nd September 2019)