View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019

Liked 210 Times in 140 Posts
Re: Scottish High Court Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdal View Post
I suggest you lot read "Stories of the Law and How It’s Broken – by The Secret Barrister" (it's English Law though, so not relevant to the case in question)

It may transform your understanding of how and why these kinds of cases cause the baying crowd to get agitated and why the baying crowd is always wrong.

It's a brilliant, well written account of why we are where we are at today with the English Justice system, can't recommend it highly enough, particularly for the "hang-em-high" brigade. And, I might say, "where we are today" is a DEEPLY worrying place.
This 17 year old "person" took a 6 yr old girl from her bed into the woods. He tortured, raped and murdered her. He stated he was "entertained by rape" and he was "satisfied" with the murder, describing it as "a moment of opportunity".

I admit to not reading the book in question but also, as a member of "you lot" I do admit to being part of the "baying crowd" and the "hang em high brigade" that you also quote.

Why we, the public should have to pay for an appeal to reduce the sentence of a disgusting piece of scum such as this is totally beyond me. Maybe the book explains the reasons behind such ridiculous decisions but as it only applies to English law then in this case, as you say, it is totally irrelevant.

Having already been censured on here for the use of "Rich Language", I am unable to express my opinions as to what, in an ideal world, should happen to such individuals as this but, I can assure you, it is definitely not a reduction in his jail sentence !

Jax
The Following User Liked This Post:
Naughty Nigel (13th June 2019)