View Single Post
Old 27th September 2018

Liked 480 Times in 251 Posts
Re: Nothing new from Olympus at Photokina, but...

The world and its products go round in circles, in fashion, mobile phones and many other things. In photography, everything got smaller right down to those ridiculously tiny film cassettes, then things got bigger and everyone had to have a full frame DSLR, then people (or the manufacturers) decided that smaller was better, now it's back to full frame. All of this, of course, driven by manufacturers trying to think of new things/trends to keep the market going.

I must admit, I have no intention of going back to full frame even if the cams themselves are smaller and lighter. I see no benefit in buying a 300mm lens and get just that ... 300mm and if I want a 600mm lens, then I would need pots more money not only for the lens but to hire someone to carry it for me.

I for one am happy to see Olympus staying dedicated to M43 (so far) and hope that they will give us some great lenses (hoping for an alternative to the Panny 100-400 but at a competitive price to it), keep giving us good updates on our cameras and continue with new and innovative bodies.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Gate Keeper (27th September 2018), MJ224 (27th September 2018), OM USer (27th September 2018), Phill D (29th September 2018)