View Single Post
Old 8th October 2016

Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,029 Posts
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,126 Posts
Re: What is it with Olympus lens prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greytop View Post
The continued decline of our currency since the summer vote shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Confidence in UK investments and the wider UK economy in general is at best questionable both from inside and outside these shores.
In terms of the pound in our pocket that means we will be paying more and continue to pay more for imports as the possibility of duty & tariffs loom in the uncertainty mix.

In short we better get used to it, our photography hobby is going to get more expensive if we are buying new equipment at the rate we have been inclined to do in the past.
I'm afraid we really aren't any better off down under either. Our dollar is down (about 75 US cents/AU$) so the E-M1 price was good back in 2013/14 because it was parity or above back then. I can't remember how it related to the pound because I mostly measure it against the US dollar.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).