View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Is the E3 able to produce the same shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie View Post
Thanks I started off with Pete Carrs guides, he is the true expert in my eyes

http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

I use Photomatix pro stand alone however I think there is a plugin for LR and PS, John (musicman) it think would know best as I think this is what he uses.

Cheers
Garrie
Hey Garrie

Yep - with Photopatix Pro you get the Lightroom plug in, which allows you to select your source images (many or a single image) and create an HDR/Tonemapped image within your Lightroom work flow. It then creates the resulting HDR image back into your Lightroom catalogue for you - so no need to do anything outside of Lightroom. Of course, the Photomatix controls are presented to you as though you are using the app (not Lightroom), but when you save the image, everything returns back to Lightroom.

Good luck with your attempt at that shot Garrie. Is there anyone living close to you who can loan you an ND110 filter...? it is the use of this filter (and some very good post processing) that has allowed your mate to create such a nice image. You would stand a far greater chance of creating a similar image with the use of a 10 stopper, than without. You're not going to get that long a shutter speed I don't think - even at that time of the morning. Well... maybe...??

Good luck.

John