View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019

Liked 1,787 Times in 660 Posts
Re: Is there an up to date list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
I can only add that I have used Ian's hire service (12-40mm pro). An excellent service.

If Ian was to purchase the 300mm pro, and a 12-100mm and perhaps the 12-200mm, at a rough cost of 4000 (very rough estimate), he would have to do a lot of hiring to get his money back.

How badly do we (forum) want to hire these lenses....Personally I tend to make my own decision on the specifications, and my needs, then take my chances......
I feel for Ian on this, as the Olympus Test and WOW has really been spread to new dealers and this makes it difficult to justify an alternate service.

I rented the Mahoosive 300 f2.8 and TC 14 off him for a holiday for use with my Panasonic G3, which convinced me to upgrade to the EM-1 and await the newly announce 300 f4... so yes it is a great service and Ian was fantastic in his support, but its a big undertaking for an individual without manufacturer support, unless you're going for multiple brands of the really expensive rentable stuff... the 150-400 will be the first very expensive Olympus lens that'd be worth the investment/risk in my view.

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MJ224 (22nd July 2019), snerkler (25th July 2019)