Thread: Rock Formation
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2013

Liked 855 Times in 241 Posts
Rock Formation

Steve (Stoates) and I had a wee trip out yesterday, we headed East to Portknockie to see what the Bow fiddle rock was like at sunrise and ended up going back at sunset - the benefit of short days I suppose.
Apologies for a lot of the images being of the same subject, but lets start with a couple of sunrise Bow Fiddle shots:

Then we had a wander a short distance around the coast to the Whale's Mouth where bright, low sunlight made it look like a summer's day:

Back for an elevated view of the Bow Fiddle with the early sunlight catching the top:

Then we had a stroll around the harbour at Portknockie which was mainly in shadow, but there was a glimmer of sun on the sea wall:

After some lunch we headed down the road to explore Sandend and found some crazy surfers were actually in the water (it was a bitterly cold day!):

Finally a couple more from the sunset at Bow Fiddle with low tide:

I had to wrestle with the white balance on the sunrise and sunset shots as the RAW files had a very blue cast to them, if you think they can be improved please let me know.
We will definitely head to Portknockie again and there is a chance that the sun rises through the gap in early May and again in August, that might be interesting!?

Thanks for looking

E-M5 II, E-M1, E-M1 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
Flickr
The Following User Liked This Post:
Falk (8th January 2014)