View Single Post
Old 15th September 2019

Liked 767 Times in 525 Posts
Re: A dog is for life, not just for Brexit.

Whilst not wanting to defend Amazon, as I understand their employment practices are abominable, surely the issue of the tax they pay (or don’t) is only them taking advantage of pitfalls in this, and other, countries tax laws. Anyone will find a way around a loophole if they can it’s just that the vast multinational companies do it with huge sums of money.

I use social media a bit but probably overuse my phone and iPad at home. Not glued to it when out and about though, I might select a mapping app to log a walk but that’s it. Regularly see young mothers pushing a pram or walking alongside a crying child while they are seemingly utterly engrossed in their phones. WTF is so important and more important than their child?
In fact, I’d hazard a guess that 80% of people I see when driving to shops or wherever, will be on their phones. Don’t even get me started on the cyclists riding about, not on the expensive cycle path but clogging up the road, headphones in, oblivious to the world around them....
The Following User Says Thank You to TimP For This Useful Post:
Jax (15th September 2019)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Jax (15th September 2019)