Thread: Olympus IS-3000
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019

Liked 157 Times in 79 Posts
Re: Olympus IS-3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
Always worth a try....

Be good to see results. It might prove that we don't need all of those pixels, unless you crop a lot......

(which can be painful)..
Yes, we'll see. Most of the way through the first roll, probably finish it off tomorrow. One advantage of having the zoom lens, I guess, is not having to crop too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbath1962 View Post
I had one of those as my last film camera before getting an E20. Never really liked it as it always felt a bit loosely put together. However, it saved carry a bag of lenses when the children were small.
It's certainly not as solid as my H1 - but then just the body of the H1 (without lens) cost ten times as much, so I guess it should do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
Re Bridge cameras....

Sorry if not on subject, but wifey bought a Leica Bridge recently. have to say (quietly) the resolution is rubbish if you want to crop. Excellent for uncropped photos tho, and the lens range is good. I have to change lenses to keep up with her.

A few years ago I did but a Nikon P90 (I think). But just could not live with the Elephants trunk of the extended lens, So I sold it on Ebay, AND made a small profit......
I guess cropping was an issue to due small sensor size? One thing about the IS-3000 is that with 35mm film it's 'full frame'.

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr
The Following User Liked This Post:
MJ224 (29th June 2019)