View Single Post
Old 10th February 2016

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
Re: Resizing and uploading photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwasp View Post
Firstly, forgive me if I'm being stupid.

I'm really struggling to resize photos and upload them to the site using lightroom. (I was going to enter the photo comp.)

I've just succeeded in getting a .bmp file below 19.5 kb and now, when I try to upload it I get a message saying "This is not a valid image file".

I've tried looking at FAQ - but that hasn't helped !

I'ld be very grateful if someone could indicate a workflow for exporting suitably sized images from Lightroom?

Thanks in advance

Robert
Hi Robert.
If you look on the forum home page on the RHS you will see links to two video tutorials which show you how to upload photos to the Gallery and then include them in a post. The use of the "attachment" facility is delberately discouraged by making it only accept small images.

The reason the image you managed to include in the competition thread is small is that you have done it as a "Clickable thumb (to gallery)".

If when composing your post you use the "My Pics" button in the post window you will see in the window that opens next there is a drop down menu at the top which has "Clickable thumb" as its default. Change this to "Original Image" and you will get the full size image in your post.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterBirder For This Useful Post:
spiderwasp (11th February 2016)