View Single Post
Old 4th July 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
Re: Dates for your Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughofBardfield View Post
Highgate or Kensal Green would be cool. I've been meaning to go to one or the other for years. I don't know Brompton, but any of the big Victorian necropolises would have loads of photo ops. People watching should also be fun!

Not desperately keen on parks myself, but I can see the attraction. One might need to alert the security nazis at Hyde Park to avoid getting hassled , but Hampstead or Richmond might be fun. Richmond is also near Kew Gardens of course.

Rainham Marshes would be fun, as would the London Wetlands Centre in Barnes. At the proposed time last year there seemed to be a lot around, especially waders and dragonflies, according to their website.

Or how about Regents Park Zoo? Haven't been there for about 15 years. I see Group Discounts are available if there's more than 10 people...

Having been to a number of dog races (dahn the "The Stow") I can see a lot of scope for that, especially for people shots.

Another thought that strikes me is the St Katherines Dock area. I was last there several years ago, but I remember it as an area with lots of opportunities for photography.
Some great uggestions, Hugh, particularly the Wetlands Centre. Only problem with the Zoo is we've already done Woburn and a change might do us good.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau