View Single Post
Old 28th March 2019

Liked 114 Times in 76 Posts
Re: How to download photos to android tablet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
I can just copy them onto the tablet's internal drive if I want to do it on the fly. I usually just wait till I get home though. I suppose I could copy them onto the tablet and then onto a second micro SD card but I haven't tried that.
Can't say I want to take that sort of chance, always keep them on a selection of SD cards plus downloaded to the 128gb micro SD card in the tablet.
If I get a decent wi-fi connection also put them on a cloud drive too, better safe than sorry and some places I will probably never visit again.

Internal memory on my Tab S tablets is 16gb on the 10.5 and 32gb on the newer S2. Bit tight for a decent holidays worth of photos, raw sizes are quite big on the 20mp.
My daughter is currently planning an Antarctica trip and know she is going for at least three forms of back up.
She used the card and tablet method successfully on a US trip last year, doesn't take long back at the hotel in the evening.
I might get one of the HDD's that have a slot for a SD card and download straight to that, think the newer ones are quite good