View Single Post
Old 21st August 2016

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: faulty 17mm or normal ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
F/l depends on what you like shooting. As you can see I'm a bit of a street photographer and my style and taste has evolved along the way. Today I find the 25 (50 equ) to be too long, and shoot mostly with a 35 FL on a 35 FF manual camera using zone. I like going really close in a Winogrand style, and even 35mm is a bit long and I'm looking at getting a 28mm, or possibly a 24mm.

What do you like taking?
Thanks for posting those images really appreciated
Street is the direction I want to take my photography, I am a huge B&W fan always have been; it just does something to an image for me. I have looked at your gallery quite a few times and I really like your work will look forward to seeing what you capture with the 24/28mm.

New lens arrived and it is a good example... very sharp and very well made; it makes the 17mm look very bad indeed...it must of been a Friday afternoon Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
12-40 sounds like a sensible move. I don't have one myself but often wondered about it. As you say it will give you the opportunity to see what you use most. I took a similar view and got a 14-140 Lumix lens as a general travel/everyday lens and I've loved the flexibility it provides so much I've stuck with it. Only got the 17mm f1.8 for inside museum type shots in low light.
All I can say is wow what a great lens you must get one at some point worth every penny
The Following User Says Thank You to AJ40 For This Useful Post:
Ricoh (21st August 2016)