View Single Post
Old 19th August 2016

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: faulty 17mm or normal ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
Hi AJ40, yes indeed the 17mm I had was the one I bought from you. It was a very good example of the lens, both optically and mechanically without any discernible backlash in the focus ring (in pull back mode). I sold the 17 mm to another forum member when I acquired the Panasonic 15mm. The Panasonic lens benefits from an aperture control when coupled to a Panasonic body, so suited my needs better.
Hope you have a better experience with the 12-40! I've had one of these as well, found it to be optically very good, but perhaps a little slow at f2.8 maximum aperture.
I new that lens was better. I am -by my own admission- very fussy with my equipment, and won't settle unless something is perfect. In todays world sadly; that often leads to disappointment.

I really wasn't sure on the 17mm this time round, so that got me thinking about a 25mm. I then came across the 12-40mm and thought maybe I should give it a go. I settled on the 17mm as I really wanted a fast prime. I shall shoot with the 12-40mm and see what focal length I tend to lean towards and In a few months get a faster prime if I feel the need.

Do you have any examples at 25mm (50mm) you could post

Regards