View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2013

Thanked 1,128 Times in 705 Posts
Liked 1,469 Times in 734 Posts
Re: Why don't Olympus include lens hoods?

I know this point was raised a while back. Can't remember the answer but it does irk more than the odd Oly user. The Panasonic lens also include IS which has to cost, yet price wise are / were cheaper than Olympus. It does beg the question why, if you want Oly branded gear throughout you have to buy what are supplied 'branded' by a comparable OEM as 'extras.'

I still think, as I did previously, that Olympus are shooting themselves in the foot over what basically amounts to pennies. Third part suppliers have stepped in with prices that make the same Oly branded products look grossly OTT price wise.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Oly products from way, way back. Donated a few Olympus film camera's and lens to a local school photography club and still have my e-20 x 2 with their original lens kits. My ep-3's sport a combo of Oly and Panny lens, simply down to costs. As for all the other considerations, I'm hard put to find fault.
The saving I've made go towards buying extra kit or the odd beer or three... well, all work and no play makes for a grumpy old geezer.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

The Following Users Liked This Post:
byegad (23rd November 2013), Olybirder (23rd November 2013), Zuiko (23rd November 2013)