Thread: Blue Skies
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016

Thanked 1,347 Times in 1,052 Posts
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,182 Posts
Re: Blue Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
We have pulled ALL our irrigation systems out. It just didn't work for us. In a large garden such as ours it was just too expensive, even with drippers. Changing the garden around to drought resistant plants and good mulching has worked wonders.
We have no intention of having all that many irrigation lines in at all, just something to keep the ferns alive during the dry or extra hot periods. I've put a programmable twin controller on those lines to the ferns under the Pittosporum undulatum & Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera) trees. Apart from that a soaker hose around the citrus trees (that them pesky cockies won't leave alone) & occasionally run the soaker under driveway Camellias (& Azaleas). When we don't have rain for a couple of months we can lose some things & so a bit of watering during that time helps. We've paid several $1000 to have Eucalypt trees removed because they have died.

EDIT (now that it's daylight): Just to show you the fern area.
(click on the thumbnail photos for larger view)
The birds nest fern on the right through tree trunks in the 1st photo is also in the lower left of the 2nd.

Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Liked This Post:
Floribunda (3rd May 2016)