View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011
Administrator

Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,485 Posts
Liked 4,532 Times in 2,155 Posts
Re: Photo of you past and present ?

OK, Chevvy, just to teach you not to start threads like this. Everyone, get a bucket before you view any further!

Me as a toddler with two of my best friends. I only stopped taking my teddy to bed at the age of 15, when I decided it would be neither cool or sensible to take him on a school trip.

During my school days, aged around ten I think, with a smile that must be making you just a little queesy. I don't remember having ears that stuck out like that. Judging by the catchlights my Dad must have used a two light set-up for this.

Now we get really cringeworthy. There aren't many shots of me in my teens, probably because my parent's despaired of my appearance, but here I am at 17 with my hair cut really short as a reluctant concession to starting work in the bank. I think Mum took this on her Instamatic, judging by the overall softness - unless Dad owned a Nikon that I don't remeber!

Fast forward to my early thirties, the time of my life that I best remember and most enjoyed. If it was Saturday or Sunday, or any holiday, you'd find me somewhere in the hills.

Now up to date, taken by Graham from Rainham on, I believe, Ian's E-PL2 at Mark Thackara's visit in March to Barking Photographic Society. In case you are wondering, I'm the handsome one on the right and any depiction that I have a pot belly and moobs is entirely down to uncharacteristic distortion and aberration of the Zuiko lens. Also, we all know that I have more hair than that - and they say that the camera never lies!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau