View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019

Liked 1,567 Times in 771 Posts
Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
With my photographers mind engaged, I am always looking for a different way of looking at something. So I have been asking people for an answer to this:

What is it that 17M people in the UK see in the EU, that the vast majority of the people in the EU (including those in the UK) can’t?

Is this vast majority all seeing “the kings new clothes”? Or is there something else wrong with them.

Please, I beg you, not to repeat the same old lyrics from the Brexit song sheet, as I (along with many others) are in need of a new “enlightenment”.

Thank you.
I don't think the Brexit voters see anything specifically different than people in other member countries. They were asked and they gave their answer simple as that. They wanted those in power to listen.

Exactly the same as happened in the USA with the election of Trump.

It would be very interesting to see how the electorate of other EU countries would vote if asked the same question.

Most governments are afraid to ask. The EU do everything they can to avoid any treaty changes that would force member countries to go to their electorate.

My Flickr

Last edited by wornish; 17th January 2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MJ224 (17th January 2019), Naughty Nigel (17th January 2019)