View Single Post
Old 18th February 2013

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Re: Looking to upgrade...

I bought an OM-D E-M5 last April and I have been very pleased with it. I particularly love the 45mm f1.8 which I have used to take pictures of my cat's face from quite close and with no flash. If you did buy new UK stock from an authorised dealer there is an offer at the moment where you get a free grip (some people find the E-M5 uncomfortable to hold without a grip) or with a free 45mm lens (and with a free spare battery in either case). Check the ads for dates and conditions.
I have also recently bought an E-30 and various four-third lenses. The E-30 is a fair bit bigger than the E-620 (as well as heavier) and the E-3 is even more heavy.
But the main reason for posting is to remind you that your four-third lenses can be used on a micro-four-thirds body with an adapter so you wouldn't necessarily need to start again from scratch with your lens collection if you went with an E-M5. Having said that, a lens like the 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II feels huge and heavy compared with the 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 kit lens, but it lets in a lot of light.