View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019

Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,050 Posts
Liked 2,227 Times in 1,176 Posts
Re: Friend or foe for olympus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
Haha
Seriously, if you have not got access to a microwave leak detector I would not recommend interfering. Microwave radiation is indiscriminate, it will happily cook your eyeballs when you get close to look how your food is progressing. In fact it is a good idea to have microwave ovens checked every few years. But how many of us do that!
There's a metal cover with 4 screws (or something like that). I take it off, look for the buzzer, see it on the pc board & see how accessible it is. If the pc board back is facing out, great then it will be easy to desolder (hopefully). If it's plugged in with leads, fantastic, but not likely. I then refit the cover. All this of course would be done with the power disconnected etc.

BTW, I deliberately don't stand & look at the food cooking. I move away when it is, because I'm a little bit wary like that.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Liked This Post:
blu-by-u (6th May 2019)