Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Small ads seller and buyer feedback (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Bluraybha (absolute nightmare) (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35762)

scott76 12th December 2014 01:39 PM

Bluraybha (absolute nightmare)

It saddens me to have to write negative feedback but such is my frustration towards this forum member I feel compelled to.Bluraybha in the first instance made an offer which I rejected for 4 items together,but over the next 48 hrs we agreed a mutually agreeable price.So he passed his Adrress and I passed payment details to be paid by paypal gift,he could have paid Bt also had he wished.That very day I was offered an acceptable price for the 14-54mm which I said no because of this pending sale.Despite efforts to make contact he has just ignored my messages.Ok I can accept missing one message but this is blatant ignorance and not something befitting of such a friendly forum IMO.So I've missed out on a sale and Bluraybha hasn't bothered to pay or make any contact.Sorry for the ramble but it's a sad situation and personally I would never deal with this person again!!!

Zuiko 12th December 2014 02:54 PM

Re: Bluraybha (absolute nightmare)

Sorry to hear you have had this bad experience, Scott, but thanks for the feedback, which may well be of use to other members in future transactions. It would be interesting to hear what Bluraybha has to say on this matter.

scott76 12th December 2014 03:05 PM

Thanks John and I would also be interested to hear as it's an open forum after all.Many times I have bought off the forum and simply when agreed I paid the amount due as soon as possible.i just don't get how this can be hard to understand.

Janet 12th December 2014 06:04 PM

Sorry you've had a bad experience, but it seems Bluraybha has been selling on here for quite some time with no apparent problems.

I can understand your frustration, but perhaps there's a reason why he hasn't been in touch? Illness, computer/internet problems?

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear from him?

Janet

scott76 12th December 2014 08:12 PM

Yip I thought that at the start but you can check when the last logged in and I can tell you he had a few times over the course,so surely if you have time to log in you have time to drop a message?

bluraybha 17th December 2014 09:46 AM

Hi there. First of all I would like to point out that I have made 18 purchases and 7 or 8 sales on this forum without any problems. Secondly I have been away from home and my brother who also shoots with an E-620 comes on to look for sample shots from new lenses etc. One thing I DID find out when I came back this morning, is that "scott76" who called me an absolute nightmare is that he bought £1300 worth of olympus gear on this forum for £425 including an E-3 and several pro lenses and flashes. Now selling me just 2 lenses and a flash for £400 delivered is some veritable PROFITEERING which by the way, he himself said that "I will be offering the unwanted items from my bundle at a not-for-profit price to keep with Andy's spirit".

A lot of people have criticised him for top level profiteering and now I join that list.

Anyway I'm back now so after getting a chance to read this deal's (and dealer's) history I am not going ahead.

Thanks everyone

bluraybha 17th December 2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 322234)
Sorry you've had a bad experience, but it seems Bluraybha has been selling on here for quite some time with no apparent problems.

I can understand your frustration, but perhaps there's a reason why he hasn't been in touch? Illness, computer/internet problems?

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear from him?

Janet

Thanks Janet, for your kind words. :)

scott76 17th December 2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluraybha (Post 322717)
Hi there. First of all I would like to point out that I have made 18 purchases and 7 or 8 sales on this forum without any problems. Secondly I have been away from home and my brother who also shoots with an E-620 comes on to look for sample shots from new lenses etc. One thing I DID find out when I came back this morning, is that "scott76" who called me an absolute nightmare is that he bought £1300 worth of olympus gear on this forum for £425 including an E-3 and several pro lenses and flashes. Now selling me just 2 lenses and a flash for £400 delivered is some veritable PROFITEERING which by the way, he himself said that "I will be offering the unwanted items from my bundle at a not-for-profit price to keep with Andy's spirit".

A lot of people have criticised him for top level profiteering and now I join that list.

Anyway I'm back now so after getting a chance to read this deal's (and dealer's) history I am not going ahead.

Thanks everyone

Ok you managed to funnily enough forget that there was a 35mm Macro in that price also:rolleyes: so for £400 delivered you were getting a 14-54mm,70-300mm,35mm macro and a fl50 flash.Not that bad a deal.But moving on to my massive profits that i tried to make from Andys kit,let me copy this discussion i had with Phil into the thread and it shows exactly how the figures stacked up including selling two bits of kit i already owned!!! It turns out after selling everything including my pieces of kit i was £70 out of pocket for the E3 and 12-60,bag,tripod.Yip not a lot of money i agree but my intention was made clear to Andy and i said if he isnt comfortable with this he can sell elsewhere.Btw a small check of facts you will see i paid Andy £455 not the £425 your uneducated words describe.Anyway below is said explanation that i will leave each person to decide.Had it been you what would you have done?? Let me finish my ramble Bluraybha by asking did you agree a sale and swap details?? did you then fail to pay and answer messages?? Did this lose me another sale because i had an agreement with you?? you will find the answer to all the above is YES thats why i was frustrated and tbh i need not give the explanation below but for clarity i have.Btw my two own bits of kit were a Fl50r and 35mm macro.
copied posts below

Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Scott yes I agree your prices are reasonable but not very reasonable when most of us know what you paid for them. If you had suggested splitting your profits with Andy minus your costs then I think you'd have got a few more bids.

posted by Scott
Phil let me try and explain this as best as I can,my reasons for taking the kit was the E3-12-60mm combo.I explained that to Andy and he was fine with that.So now onto the money side of things.Andy wanted £425 and I agreed to pay postage of £30 on top,not much I appreciate for said kit!! So I've advertised items including a 35 mm macro and fl-50r that I already owned.So the Fl-50r and flash grip sold for £175,let's say I get the £400 for the rest that's me raised a total of £575.Take away £30 for total postage we are at £545.but I've sold a 35mm macro and fl-50r in that price,so roughly by my low valuations they are around £160 for both leaving me £385 net.meaning really ive paid £70 total to get the rest,that's a E3,12-60mm,olympus bag and a tripod.Yip not a bad deal but I haven't IMO took the preverbial either.I have tried to sell pretty low and ive obviously put time into the whole thing also.My question is what would others have done because lets be honest Andy was inundated with offers some trying to gazump my offer which when all said and done was Andy's price and the first on the table.When I see others making an offer I step away out of respect!! It's not a go at you Phil im hopefully just clearing this up,thanks.

Maranatha 9th January 2015 09:24 AM

Ok thought I should say something I bought the olympus 14-54 lens off Scott don't know if he made a profit our not and don't care ,but I need to set the record straight Bluraybha is doing exactly what he accuses Scott of doing buying on this forum to sell on and make a profit .
About two years ago I bought an E30 and 14-54 lens on this forum great deal I aready had a 14-54 on my E1 so sold the other one on here I think for about £125 .
Bluraybha bought it no problem then I got a message saying it had a stiff zoom and he uploaded a video on utube and sent it to me it showed him sitting on a bed zooming in and out my lens he had two other 14-54 lens on the bed and showed how well they zoomed conpaired to mine and mine was no good to him because he could not SELL IT ON so that was the reason why he bought it to sell on and make a profit enought said.
I told him to returned it it came back with no lens hood I emailed him he said he lost it and I could buy one on ebay he had the lens three days ,I was that annoyed I just gave him a refund I didn leave any feedback I should have I just took the hit.
But when he attacted Scott for doing the same thing I had to set the record straight ��

bluraybha 9th January 2015 09:28 AM

OK. Maybe ignorance is a factor here. This Maranatha chap sold me a faulty dropped lens which I bought for my own use (e-620) but I decided to SELL ON as it was a terribly soft copy (perhaps due to it being DROPPED). I only wanted to sell it on as it was softer than a body cap with a hole in it. I do not BUY lenses to sell on- but I wanted to sell that one on as it was as sharp as candy floss. BTW I mentioned NOTHING about profit as I am not into trading.

I hope that clears things up. BR.

Maranatha 9th January 2015 09:48 AM

The lens was never dropped you had two other 14-54 on the bed what I said was telling the truth I gave the refund even thought you lost my lens hood I was just telling the truth if it hurts it hurts ..

Zuiko 9th January 2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluraybha (Post 325686)
OK. Maybe ignorance is a factor here. This Maranatha chap sold me a faulty dropped lens which I bought for my own use (e-620) but I decided to SELL ON as it was a terribly soft copy (perhaps due to it being DROPPED). I only wanted to sell it on as it was softer than a body cap with a hole in it. I do not BUY lenses to sell on- but I wanted to sell that one on as it was as sharp as candy floss. BTW I mentioned NOTHING about profit as I am not into trading.

I hope that clears things up. BR.

It troubles me greatly that Bluraybha, by his own admission, was prepared to sell on a lens that he describes as so soft that he expects it to have been impact damaged. If that was the case, then he should have asked to return it to the seller, but he only did this when he apparently noticed that there was a problem with the zoom action.

This prompted me to look a little closer at his history and it appears that he was warned over trading for profit on the forum in December 2012. I also came across this post:-

Hello respected E- friends and users.

For those who are after a brand new and unused Olympus E-PM1 camera body, my Dad has some for sale on eBay. They are all new, unused, with 0 shutter actuations. As new as it gets. All in black BTW. He has 2600+ ebay feedback, and I have traded here for 2 years plus, with plenty of references.

All with full 12 month warranty and price is at 180 delivered. A significant saving over any other web/ebay retailer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2809401374...#ht_500wt_1203

Thanks for having a look!

It appears his father is an ebay trader and had 9 of those cameras for sale at the time (August 2012) and he currently has 75 items listed. The vast majority of Bluraybha's posts on here have been for buying or selling, so it seems to be very much a family business. Therefore I am banning this member as in my opinion his use of the forum is inappropriate.

Zuiko 9th January 2015 12:44 PM

As this thread has reached a conclusion, I'm closing it. :)