Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Confirmed: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Start Shipping in Early December (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43182)

DavyG 18th October 2016 11:53 AM

Confirmed: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Start Shipping in Early December

From Cameratimes.org:

http://cameratimes.org/confirmed-oly...arly-december/

Great news for all Olympus folks: It is now confirmed that the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless camera will start shipping in early December, 2016. And Olympus will have a major E-M1 Mark II try out event with journalist during the first week of November, it is highly likely the pre-order will open then, just before Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2016.
According to the report from 43Rumors, Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (a very limited quantity) camera will first be released the first week of December, and larger stock will start shipping out in January 2017. The US price of E-M1 Mark II is NOT confirmed yet, but it is expected to be around $1,599, the same price as Fujifilm X-T2, a little more expensive than the Olympus E-M1 (launch price $1,399, currently for $1,099).

I'm guessing UK cost will be in the region of 1600.00.

Dave

Olybirder 18th October 2016 02:31 PM

Re: Confirmed: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Start Shipping in Early December

The current UK price of the X-T2 seems to be around 1400 in most stores. If the E-M1 Mark II is to be priced similarly to the X-T2 that price would be less than I feared.

Ron

hotbath1962 18th October 2016 05:45 PM

Remember the pound is plummeting so all kit will cost more soon. I've just had a work computer purchase blocked as Lenovo has put the price up due to the fall in Sterling.

raichea 24th October 2016 11:20 PM

I wish Olympus would come out with an availability/price statement... I'm beginning to feel slightly irritated. Why announce the product and then go silent on it? I know Photokina is a big event and they wanted to announce there, but it feels to me that they really weren't quite ready.

Phew! Glad I got that off my chest... still think it promises to be a great camera.

Bruce Clarke 24th October 2016 11:44 PM

In the current climate, I can understand they want to leave the announcement as late as possible. They need to make a good return on them, but too high, and many enthusiasts will pass. I suspect they'll sell quite a lot to pros regardless with its emphasis on speed.

Ross the fiddler 25th October 2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olybirder (Post 396138)
The current UK price of the X-T2 seems to be around 1400 in most stores. If the E-M1 Mark II is to be priced similarly to the X-T2 that price would be less than I feared.

Ron

The RRP for the X-T2 'downunder' is AU$2299 with one retailer selling it on sale for $2049, so I can see the E-M1 Mk II starting at a release price of (AU)$2300 - $2500 (with Olympus management saying the Mk II will be slightly more than the E-M1). The E-M1 was released at AU$1599 when our dollar was around parity (could have been higher) with the US$ & that equates to AU$2100 now (similar to what the E5 was), so I know we won't be getting any cheap bargains at that rate (AU$1.00 = US$0.76). :(

Phill D 25th October 2016 07:20 AM

It certainly sounds like it's going to be too steep for me to go for unless they do a stunning part ex deal for EM1s. That's a big hint for Olympus if anyone reads these posts.

iso 25th October 2016 04:42 PM

Maybe like several other manufacturers, they have announced something that actually is not completely ready?

Wee man 25th October 2016 05:24 PM

Practical Photography have a price listed for EM1 Mk 2 as 1199.
I have checked with Olympus and it is a misprint, price still not announced!

Wee Man

Olybirder 31st October 2016 11:11 PM

According to this site the price has been leaked and looks rather eye-watering. I don't know whether it is correct or not.

Ron

pdk42 31st October 2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olybirder (Post 397025)
According to this site the price has been leaked and looks rather eye-watering. I don't know whether it is correct or not.

Ron

Yea - I saw that too. It looks like the US price will be about $2000. If Oly follow Apple's lead with the Macbook Pro then we're probably looking at almost the same in . At that price it'll have to deliver significantly better IQ before I even consider it. Crazy money (but perhaps the harbinger of Brexit Britain?).

bilbo 1st November 2016 12:27 AM

What's a waterproof protector?

At $1400, it must be something more than a plastic bag... :eek:

Wee man 1st November 2016 08:22 AM

At these suggested priced I am out it makes the X-T2 look interesting, but would mean a big change lenses and bodies to sell up.

Wee Man

bilbo 1st November 2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wee man (Post 397039)
At these suggested priced I am out it makes the X-T2 look interesting, but would mean a big change lenses and bodies to sell up.

Wee Man

Me too. Shame because I've been using top line Olympus kit since the 70's. The Fuji is far better positioned.

drmarkf 1st November 2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbo (Post 397029)
What's a waterproof protector?

At $1400, it must be something more than a plastic bag... :eek:

:-) Its the underwater housing that has suffered from that website not spending enough on their translation services!