Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site news (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   BLM-1 battery freebies and bits (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=223)

Ian 3rd December 2007 12:53 PM

BLM-1 battery freebies and bits

I won't have time to sort out the BLM-1 battery freebies today, but I will have the lucky recipients selected tomorrow. As there are so many good pictures in the Gallery, I will be selecting the best and if that numbers more than 25, we'll use random numbers to pick out lucky ones.

Anyone who misses out this month will have a chance again at the end of this month when we give out 25 more BLM-1s - for fairness we will limit one batter per person overall.

Thanks everyone for their communications regarding missing manuals or DVDs. Just a couple of you didn't include an address for the items to be sent to you - you have an email waiting for you :)

Ian

theMusicMan 5th December 2007 07:29 PM

Re: BLM-1 battery freebies and bits

... any news Ian...? I am bored stuck in Copenhagen airport waiting for a delayed flight. Had to call the present wife to ask her not to come to pick me up as I now have to stay in London due to a late arrival. I am up there again in the morning so there was no need to get home at 12:30am and up again for the 5:34 train to Paddington!!!

beardedwombat 5th December 2007 08:10 PM

Learned today that I have won a battery! Absolutely delighted, thankyou Ian & Julia.
Cheers
Chris

j.baker 5th December 2007 08:17 PM

Ian,

Can you publish a list of winning photos?

swazon 5th December 2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.baker (Post 1723)
Ian,

Can you publish a list of winning photos?

Took the words right off my screen;)
Would love to see the winning photos.

Ian 5th December 2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazon (Post 1725)
Took the words right off my screen;)
Would love to see the winning photos.

Yes of course - I have delegated the job; not sure if the winners have been contacted yet - I will find out and let you know later this evening.

Ian

PS We haven't really judged it by photo, but by the general standard of the photos in each gallery. I wouldn't take this so seriously as a photo competition. And even if you didn't win anything this time, there is a chance this month and November's winners aren't eligible for the second round :) So far we have 51 user galleries (one of which is mine...) so if nobody else opens a gallery by the end of the month - you all get a battery by default :D

j.baker 5th December 2007 10:12 PM

I can probably say that most of us here are competitive folks....even if it is with our selves. I am probably my own worst critic. When never I cook a new dish(I never read cooking books), program new code or even take new photographs, I am always thinking "How could I have made that better?" or "That was not good enough" or “Next time I will try.....”

I was going to say that some of my best photographs were accidents, but on reflection I would say that most were accidents, but then again I have been known to take over 600 photo in under two hours!

So what my point is..........will I get a battery :D LOL

Ian 6th December 2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 1726)
Yes of course - I have delegated the job; not sure if the winners have been contacted yet - I will find out and let you know later this evening.

Ian

PS We haven't really judged it by photo, but by the general standard of the photos in each gallery. I wouldn't take this so seriously as a photo competition. And even if you didn't win anything this time, there is a chance this month and November's winners aren't eligible for the second round :) So far we have 51 user galleries (one of which is mine...) so if nobody else opens a gallery by the end of the month - you all get a battery by default :D

A bit later than promised, but Julia did email (forum private mail) to all the lucky ones yesterday. Sorry if you didn't receive an email, but there was a high chance element. A list will be published later today.

Ian