Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I probably shouldn't be posting this (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4776)

shenstone 8th March 2009 10:37 PM

I probably shouldn't be posting this

But I will

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/03...man-arres.html

Regards
Andy

E-P1 fan 8th March 2009 11:29 PM

Re: I probably shouldn't be posting this

*chr Makes you feel proud to live in such an intelligent, free and democratic society *chr

Fluffy 9th March 2009 08:51 AM

Wow, just wow.

I used to like visiting England, and love London of old, havinglived there for a year.

I won't go back, ever. I'll miss you all.

Naughty Nigel 9th March 2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffy (Post 39188)
Wow, just wow.

I used to like visiting England, and love London of old, havinglived there for a year.

I won't go back, ever. I'll miss you all.

Thankfully there is some hope on the horizon.

Like the USA, we will be having elections in the next year or so, and with luck we will get a change of government, although the present bunch of idiots have made it almost impossible for any opposition party to win a majority in parliament.

Things can only get better ..... :)

snaarman 9th March 2009 01:07 PM

Can I point out to Special Branch and MI5 that I, for one, have not contributed to, nor read this thread.

Pete

Naughty Nigel 9th March 2009 01:32 PM

I had my office searched by armed Specials a few years ago so. Our local church was also cordoned off, and we were warned that we would be arrested if we tried to enter the building.

'Why' you might ask? So that the two 'leaders of the free world' could have fish and chips together at the pub across the road. :(

Welcome to Britain under New Labour, 'the party of the people' (their words, not mine). :(:(:(

E-P1 fan 9th March 2009 02:32 PM

Remember when the UK smugly looked down on East Germany, Romania et al and their ridiculous surveillance of their own citizens!

Thanks Blair and Co - under your auspices we've been delivered into the hands of the Stasiesque minority

Naughty Nigel 9th March 2009 02:38 PM

.......... And yet we invade other countries to bring them democracy? :confused:

E-P1 fan 9th March 2009 02:49 PM

On a false pretext too - oooh clever stuff!

emirpprime 9th March 2009 05:26 PM

This concept is from a Stephen Fry podcast on the power of language - CCTV just isn't as powerful. (sorry for the lo-fi PS job but I am at work...)

http://www.stickmanphotography.co.uk/box/ss.jpg

ps - the original post is pretty shocking! but not. as in I am no longer surpised that it happens, but still find myself shocked when it does.

Nick Temple-Fry 10th March 2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 39193)
Thankfully there is some hope on the horizon.

Like the USA, we will be having elections in the next year or so, and with luck we will get a change of government, although the present bunch of idiots have made it almost impossible for any opposition party to win a majority in parliament.

Things can only get better ..... :)

I doubt if replacing Marlborough Lites with Silk Cut will really resolve the problem, though I envy you your optimism.

Nick

E-P1 fan 10th March 2009 08:12 AM

Eton Rifles,
Eton Rifles
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Naughty Nigel 10th March 2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry (Post 39243)
I doubt if replacing Marlborough Lites with Silk Cut will really resolve the problem, though I envy you your optimism.

Nick

I do try to remain optimistic. If we give up hope we give up everything.

At least if we get a change of government there is a hope that they won't just do what the Daily Mirror tells them to, or worse still, what their sponsors/donors tell them to do.

I think it should also be clear to all by now that letting Labour loose with our countries finances is akin to locking up a bunch of five year olds in a sweet shop. :(

E-P1 fan 10th March 2009 09:55 AM

Whereas letting the Eton Rifles play with the sweet shop -

They gorge themselves like pigs at a trough - get their chosen friends in there too - but, somehow, they manage keep the shop open for business and just solvent - and all that the customers have to do is ignore the gruntings and 'Hussars!' coming from behind the curtain to the back shop as they buy their penny sweets. :cool:

Naughty Nigel 10th March 2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-1 fan (Post 39251)
Whereas letting the Eton Rifles play with the sweet shop -

They gorge themselves like pigs at a trough - get their chosen friends in there too - but, somehow, they manage keep the shop open for business and just solvent - and all that the customers have to do is ignore the gruntings and 'Hussars!' coming from behind the curtain to the back shop as they buy their penny sweets. :cool:

Yes; but at least there would be some sweets left for us to buy. This lot would eat all the sweets (with their sponsors), make themselves sick, and when there are none left they declare that sweets are banned for the masses because they are bad for us. :(

I think we can see a number of parallels here, including Prescott’s two Jags, Jacqui Smith's household expenses and many, many more.

I'm not saying that other parties are whiter than white, but this lot were elected as 'the peoples party', but have consistently failed to look after the peoples interests. :(