Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus Pen Mini E-PM1 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Bargain twin lens EPM1 at Jessops (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22305)

greeng 14th August 2012 01:24 PM

Bargain twin lens EPM1 at Jessops

299 for EPM1 plus 14 - 42 and 40 - 150!

Seems like a good deal to me - thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

PaulB 16th August 2012 03:57 PM

Re: Bargain twin lens EPM1 at Jessops

Hi greeng, I've just bought one! Was umming and aarghing on the E-pl3 but for that price jumped in, thought stuff it!
Was 299 for single lens instore til I pointed out the web price tho, had no probs getting the cheaper price.
Cheers!

Ulfric M Douglas 16th August 2012 06:53 PM

It is just a STEAL!
I'm normally all over a bargain but I just happen to have the same stuff already! (But better : brown )

Ouch! 19th August 2012 10:09 PM

I've just recommended this to a friend who is looking to upgrade from a canon snappy camera but doesn't want the hassle of carrying an SLR evrywhere.

I hope I haven't given him bad advice!?!

What sort of image quality can you get from these cameras?

Ouch!

gregles 19th August 2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouch! (Post 182995)
I've just recommended this to a friend who is looking to upgrade from a canon snappy camera but doesn't want the hassle of carrying an SLR evrywhere.

Ouch!

Oh it's a bit late now. The poor bugger will be lumbered with a blooming olympus *zzz

And will absolutely love it*yes*yes*yes*chr*chr

greeng 20th August 2012 08:47 AM

Personally, I am capable of taking truly awful pictures with any camera, no matter how good. At least if it's an Olympus I know the colours will be great in my awful picture!

More seriously - you have definitely not given bad advice - the EPM1 is capable of excellent IQ and the lenses supplied are great!*chr

Stewart G 20th August 2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouch! (Post 182995)

Ouch!

By all reports I've read the IQ will match that of the pro E-5. And at a fraction of the price and weight.

Ulfric M Douglas 20th August 2012 03:13 PM

Yes, and in scenes where the ISO does not need to be high, and highlights/shadows are not important to be pulled from the RAW files ... the actual image quality of the resultant Jpeg can be equal to any of the m4/3rds 16mp bodies, including sharpness and resolution.

And it comes in a pinky colour too.

dko22 21st August 2012 02:54 PM

To think that I reckoned I got a reasonable deal body only for 199 just over 3 months ago on this delightful wee camera. I would definitely have gone for this and probably sold the 14-42 as the 40-150 would be a great lightweight zoom if I didn't want to take the more serious 75-300. Even now it is tempting to keep the 40-150 and sell the rest brand new ---unless my girlfriend can finally be tempted into the wonderful world of m43.

David

robbie_d 31st August 2012 09:00 PM

Took the plunge myself, and very glad I did.

Just weighing up whether to sell the zooms and go prime, or keep them and save up.

Love the E-PM1 body, didn't think I would after seeing it online, but in person it makes a far better impression.

Ouch! 1st September 2012 05:33 PM

My friend has been over the moon with this camera. He's very happy

Ouch!

firestorm 8th October 2012 11:13 AM

Least i wasn't the only one who was looking at the E-PL3 and went for the E-PM1.