Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Foto Fair (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wonderful Wales (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6704)

Mrs T 29th September 2009 07:42 PM

Wonderful Wales

After a visit to the opening of John Lewis Cardiff last week, we went to Tenby for a couple of nights. Here are some shots of the places we visited. I can only imagine how fantastic the lily ponds look at their prime.

Bosherston Lily Ponds

Walking to Broad Haven beach

Broad Haven Beach

Neath Canal at Resolven

Amanda

Ellie 29th September 2009 11:04 PM

Re: Wonderful Wales

These pictures are like a breath of fresh air. They show beautiful, uncluttered, landscapes. It's so lovely.

shenstone 30th September 2009 11:17 AM

They are all nice views and well captured. Expecially the 3rd.

2 points which may be of interest to non locals. ... With the new John Lewist store the beauty of the south central part of Cardiff has been almost totally destroyed as the nice open feel of the city centre is gone.:(

The traffic has become a nightmare ! :mad:

Therefore I for one don't intend to venture to that part of the city ever again unless forced.

These locations however are WELL worth visiting:D:D

Regards
Andy

EH1 30th September 2009 12:01 PM

I went to Tenby & the Lilly ponds 3 years ago on holiday, these pictures bring back some wonderful memories, thanks for posting them! ;)

StephenL 30th September 2009 12:18 PM

Looks a beautiful location.

ringneck 30th September 2009 02:34 PM

I discovered Bosherton Lily ponds and Broad Haven beach all by myself about 20 years ago and they are firmly fixed in my list of fave places.What a brilliant beach !!
I can recall a great lagoon thats ideal for kids to play in.
Thanks for uploading them ...all great memories flooding back.All this part of Britain is brilliant.

#3 is my fave out of these...great comp and clarity.

Keith *chr

ndl0071 30th September 2009 03:11 PM

Lovely set of pics, they show off the landscapes very well.

Are you sure it's Wales though, I don't see any sheep:confused:

ringneck 30th September 2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndl0071 (Post 52804)
Lovely set of pics, they show off the landscapes very well.

Are you sure it's Wales though, I don't see any sheep:confused:

This area is known as something like English Wales ....so no sheep....he he.

Keith

EH1 30th September 2009 04:23 PM

Did you also go to St. Davids?

Mrs T 30th September 2009 07:34 PM

Thanks to everybody who has commented. I'm glad it has brought back some fond memories for some of you.

I have to say I hadn't spent much time in that part of Cardiff prior to John Lewis being built, but I do love visiting Cardiff. I think that St.David's 2 centre is an improvement on the concrete shops that were there before and I'm pleased that the frontage of David Morgan was kept. They are certainly spending some money there. We visited on a Thursday and it was packed, as bad as a Saturday.

We didn't get to St. David's this time, but we do plan to go back. And it's a good excuse (if we need one!). Ideally for a week or two so we can spend some time walking and exploring. I've been told by a work colleague that Freshwater East is worth a visit. We've been very lucky this month as we had a lovely week in Torquay at the start of the month, and spent some time in the South Hams, hard to choose my favourite between these two locations.

Amanda