Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Everybody should switch to Sony. (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45994)

David M 27th August 2017 09:20 PM

Everybody should switch to Sony.

There's hope for everyone who thinks equipment is important.

https://fstoppers.com/originals/phot...-master-193657

Zuiko 27th August 2017 10:40 PM

Re: Everybody should switch to Sony.

I'm well aware that the only way to get professional quality images is to invest in Sony full frame, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to get something half decent out of a lesser brand and at least the equipment provides me with an excuse if the results are sub standard.

David M 27th August 2017 10:51 PM

I found some of the comments just as amusing. Although I can't decide if the people who appear to think that the article is genuine are also taking the piss or if they really believe it.

steverh 28th August 2017 10:15 AM

"Coors notes that he has been a Canon user since he first began shooting six weeks ago, his kit consisting of a 5D Mark IV and an assortment of at least eight L lenses. When he opened his business two weeks after buying the kit, he initially expected an influx of clients:

'I was surprised that business was so lukewarm. I mean, I had all the nicest lenses and a great body.' "

:D

Jim Ford 28th August 2017 12:37 PM

I'd never buy a Sony camera - their customer service is abysmal!

On their customer forum there's a whole load of complaints about one of their compact cameras switching itself on spontaneously. Initially Sony said it was a user fault, then they said it couldn't happen, and then when people showed Youtube clips of their cameras doing it, Sony went into a sullen sulk ignoring further posts!

Jim

Gate Keeper 29th August 2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ford (Post 426069)
I'd never buy a Sony camera - their customer service is abysmal!

On their customer forum there's a whole load of complaints about one of their compact cameras switching itself on spontaneously. Initially Sony said it was a user fault, then they said it couldn't happen, and then when people showed Youtube clips of their cameras doing it, Sony went into a sullen sulk ignoring further posts!

Jim

I nearly switched to Sony, but went with Olympus in the final analysis. Not being snobby, Oly is more exclusive and better value.
I thought the article was a tongue in cheek wind up

Zuiko 29th August 2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 426162)
I thought the article was a tongue in cheek wind up

But you're not sure? :D

Mdb2 29th August 2017 02:10 PM

From a purely personal point. Seven maybe eight years ago when switching from film to digital I purchased their computer. It was a beauty visually and it was windows much to my dismay it was unreliable. Broke down twice whilst just outside their warranty on the second occasion I sold it on. Sony did not help. On either occasion without up front payment. Swore never to buy Sony ever again.
Kind regards Mike

yorky 29th August 2017 02:21 PM

Sony do seem to have a lot going from them. I thought about going down that route a few years since but they were priced way above my range- too late now though but they do seem to be excellent cameras.

blu-by-u 30th August 2017 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnheatingman (Post 426177)
If so many people don't realise the article is a very well worded joke...... we are all doomed ! :D:D:D

We are doomed. :eek: In many countries, english is not the main language. There are many variants to it and some with a mix of words that cannot understood.

P.S. It a very well written article. Am moving to Sony. :eek:

George Dorn 30th August 2017 07:50 AM

I have a Sony, the picture quality is good and it is a doddle to use.

Unfortunately Betamax tapes are getting harder to find these days.