Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Standard zoom and mid range (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   HELP! Wedding Planning (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20384)

Robusto 9th May 2012 05:02 PM

Wedding Planning

Everyone

i need a bit of advice , i have been asked to do a wedding shoot in a months time and need some advice on the best lenses to take to the shoot i know there are a few wedding photographers on this forum.

i feel the lenses i have are not up to doing wedding photography

can you suggest what two or one lense i would be best to hire for the upcoming shoot i though maybe either of the

12-60, 18-180 or 14-54

all advice welcome

theMusicMan 9th May 2012 05:10 PM

Re: Wedding Planning

Well, the lenses I'd suggest you hire for the wedding are the Oly 35-100mm f2, or the Oly 50-200 f2.8-f4.

snaarman 9th May 2012 05:35 PM

This is an odd suggestion, but how about hiring another E30 so you have two identical bodies: One with a good wide zoom, one with a good long zoom.

You can swap one to the other in moments. Time, as you know, is of the essence and not swapping lenses is a good idea.

What about flash? :)

Pete

Robusto 9th May 2012 05:48 PM

We will have other cameras on site two nikon d300s with prime lenses (my wifes cameras)

so will have enough coverage

i could even use an old e300 with a lens hired that i have as a 2nd body?

maybe i will go with the 50-200 on the e30 and 12-60 on the e300?

Janet 9th May 2012 06:20 PM

I'm doing my second wedding in July, and after a lot of research and help from fellow forum members, have decided to go with the 35-100mm and the 14-35mm lenses from the hire service on this forum.

I did the last one with the 40-150 and 14-42 kit lenses and the bride and groom were absolutely delighted with the shots, but I know how much I struggled with the overcast lighting, so I'm leaving nothing to chance!

I'll be taking the kit lenses with me, just in case, and I've also taken the precaution of buying a second camera as a backup. That was a GOOD move! Doing a recent shoot for the band, it was amazing the difference it made not having to swap lenses.

Janet

Robusto 10th May 2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 164951)
I'm doing my second wedding in July, and after a lot of research and help from fellow forum members, have decided to go with the 35-100mm and the 14-35mm lenses from the hire service on this forum.

I did the last one with the 40-150 and 14-42 kit lenses and the bride and groom were absolutely delighted with the shots, but I know how much I struggled with the overcast lighting, so I'm leaving nothing to chance!

I'll be taking the kit lenses with me, just in case, and I've also taken the precaution of buying a second camera as a backup. That was a GOOD move! Doing a recent shoot for the band, it was amazing the difference it made not having to swap lenses.

Janet

Janet

did you mean 14-54 as i dont recall seeing a 14-35 lens

i have purchased a 14-54 lens and i may hire the 35-100 however i do have other lenses i could use

Janet 10th May 2012 08:36 PM

Yes, we've hired the Zuiko Digital SWD 14-35mm f/2.0 lens as advertised.

Janet

Robusto 10th May 2012 08:39 PM

oh yes i missed it off the list*chr

Janet 10th May 2012 08:46 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Janet