Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   New firmware finally imminent? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50765)

raichea 12th June 2019 06:36 PM

New firmware finally imminent?

https://www.43rumors.com/ft3-new-e-m...hin-two-weeks/

snerkler 13th June 2019 12:49 PM

Re: New firmware finally imminent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raichea (Post 482632)

Would be nice if they allowed image reviewing without having to wait for the buffer to clear. Would also be nice to get exp compensation in manual mode when using auto ISO.

Wildwood 13th June 2019 01:58 PM

I'm hoping to see My Menu implemented.

Gwyver 13th June 2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snerkler (Post 482685)
... Would also be nice to get exp compensation in manual mode when using auto ISO.

You can already achieve this by assigning the appropriate option to the Function Lever

snerkler 13th June 2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwyver (Post 482730)
You can already achieve this by assigning the appropriate option to the Function Lever

Thanks, strangely enough I was just made aware of this on TP. I should really read the manual ;)

pdk42 13th June 2019 08:01 PM

Doesn't sound like there's much there of real interest, unless video is your thing.

raichea 13th June 2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdk42 (Post 482764)
Doesn't sound like there's much there of real interest, unless video is your thing.

I'm hopeful there'll be something for stills photographers.

Internaut 13th June 2019 09:37 PM

I’d quite like to be able to download raw with the Olympus app. At the moment, that can only be done with the X!

snerkler 14th June 2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Internaut (Post 482780)
Id quite like to be able to download raw with the Olympus app. At the moment, that can only be done with the X!

That'd be good. I'd also like proper/good RAW editing in camera, something similar to Nikon's :tup

raichea 15th June 2019 07:10 PM

I'd quite like to see better options for multiple exposure in camera... ie more than 2 frames and a bigger choice of blending modes. I doubt it will happen though.

Ross the fiddler 16th June 2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snerkler (Post 482685)
........ Would also be nice to get exp compensation in manual mode when using auto ISO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwyver (Post 482730)

Could you please enlighten me on which "appropriate option to the Function Lever" you refer to?

Gwyver 16th June 2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 482980)
Could you please enlighten me on which "appropriate option to the Function Lever" you refer to?

Cog E1 - ISO Auto = All
Cog B - Fn Lever Settings = mode 1
Cog B - Fn Lever/Power Lever = Fn
Cog B - Dial M Fn Pos = 1 > Shutter & Aperture, Pos=2 > ISO & Exp Comp

With these settings when taking a photo in M mode, once you've adjusted the Shutter speed and F stop to your desired values, you can then flick the Function Lever into position 2 and then the dials will adjust Exp Comp & ISO directly.

pdk42 16th June 2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwyver (Post 482983)
Cog E1 - ISO Auto = All

With these settings when taking a photo in M mode, once you've adjusted the Shutter speed and F stop to your desired values, you can then flick the Function Lever into position 2 and then the dials will adjust Exp Comp & ISO directly.

That's an interesting use of the Fn lever. Personally, I use it to control AF - down = SAF, up = CAF.

snerkler 16th June 2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdk42 (Post 482988)
That's an interesting use of the Fn lever. Personally, I use it to control AF - down = SAF, up = CAF.

I usually have it set for WB and ISO :tup

Ross the fiddler 16th June 2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwyver (Post 482983)
Cog E1 - ISO Auto = All

Somehow, I don't think that setting would suit me (I tried it) & went back to using the Fn Switch to quickly select MF again (after I reset settings to accept that again), but it gave me a chance to look into associated settings again though. It's good to not just set & forget Menu settings because there may be other optional settings in the Menu worth exploring again, which I did with updated (& altered) Focus Peaking settings.

*chr