Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cremation Integration (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50657)

pandora 27th May 2019 10:13 PM

Cremation Integration
 

Well it all works together you see; he picks up the body in his taxi,
conducts the service, cremates the body with bottled gas, and
flogs John Doe's goods & chattels in his bric-a-brac shop! :D

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P2230700_2_.jpg
IT'S ALL VERY CLEAR … *yes

And whilst on the subject of "toddling off", I mean dying, so let me call it for what it is without euphemism. I visited my late wife Janette's grave yesterday to
plant daffodils and Jonquils on her garden; a bitterly cold day. Eldorado cemetery lies 27km east of town, and before she died I bought two plots, one for myself also.
I have never feared dying as such, if not the sometimes ghastly means that may precede it. Generally speaking it's a natural event like birth which is cause for celebration
although not always without trauma. Anyway, before this turns into a sermon and on a lighter note, I thought I would share with you this fisheye with both feet in my own grave!

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P5260060x.jpg

MJ224 28th May 2019 07:11 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Very poignant Mark Thanks for sharing the moment and the photo...*chr...

Cold here as well alas.......

OM USer 28th May 2019 11:29 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Well said.

pandora 28th May 2019 04:25 PM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Mark, OM, and all the Likes - I was hardly expecting this thread to be over-subscribed; conversations about mortality is a topic that we tend to avoid, yet I see no reason why it should be. Except in the case of accidental or violent death (upon which humans will talk incessantly) it's a natural event like birth that we celebrate. No one is getting any younger. I see our life as a journey through a period of awareness lasting "three score years and ten", or whatever until transition into another time and place. So perhaps on a brighter note I'll conclude this uneasy monologue with some time honoured good advice from Corinthians, "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!", hey, isn't that what Wakes are all about … :D Cheers ! ! ! *burger *chr *burger *chr .

Naughty Nigel 28th May 2019 08:30 PM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Or, to quote Matthew 6.27: "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" :)

pandora 28th May 2019 09:21 PM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Mathew had a good point there, Nige' *yes

blu-by-u 29th May 2019 02:04 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pandora (Post 481687)

You don't need to show that's your spot you are standing on.:eek:

Naughty Nigel 29th May 2019 06:49 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blu-by-u (Post 481746)
You don't need to show that's your spot you are standing on.:eek:

The dangers of fisheye lenses. *yes

blu-by-u 29th May 2019 07:25 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 481751)
The dangers of fisheye lenses. *yes

Tell me about it.. My finger was in the Laowa wide 7.5mm :(

Naughty Nigel 29th May 2019 10:21 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Continuing Mark's original theme, there is a crematorium in the midlands where 'waste heat' is used to heat the water in the adjoining municipal swimming pool.

A lot of people expressed concerns about this, although it was pointed out that spending more time in the pool would delay your contribution to heating it. *yes

Jax 29th May 2019 10:30 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 481771)
Continuing Mark's original theme, there is a crematorium in the midlands where 'waste heat' is used to heat the water in the adjoining municipal swimming pool.

A lot of people expressed concerns about this, although it was pointed out that spending more time in the pool would delay your contribution to heating it. *yes

Possibly a variation on the concept of Soular Heating :D



Jax

Naughty Nigel 29th May 2019 10:40 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax (Post 481774)
Possibly a variation on the concept of Soular Heating :D

Jax

No tombstoning allowed in the pool though. :D

Naughty Nigel 29th May 2019 10:58 AM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pandora (Post 481734)
Mark, OM, and all the Likes - I was hardly expecting this thread to be over-subscribed; conversations about mortality is a topic that we tend to avoid, yet I see no reason why it should be. Except in the case of accidental or violent death (upon which humans will talk incessantly) it's a natural event like birth that we celebrate. No one is getting any younger. I see our life as a journey through a period of awareness lasting "three score years and ten", or whatever until transition into another time and place. So perhaps on a brighter note I'll conclude this uneasy monologue with some time honoured good advice from Corinthians, "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!", hey, isn't that what Wakes are all about :D Cheers ! ! ! *burger *chr *burger *chr .

Well, our son 'works in the business' as it were, and tells some interesting tales about some of their customers' final moments here on earth. As they say, what a way to go! :D

pandora 29th May 2019 03:06 PM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Personally, my instructions to my kids is that I am to be buried, not cremated (that may follow) hence the 'unscripted' memorial - In this regard I am open to suggestions - "I told you I was sick" is a good one but it's already been used.

Have you heard about the new eco friendly Green cremation is a gentle, eco-friendly alternative to flame-based cremation or casket burials. It is a quiet process that uses water and potassium hydroxide to reduce the body to its basic element of bone ash. The ashes are then returned to the family.

Also, an interesting broadcast on ABC Radio National presented by Robyn Williams on Natural Burial:
"Cremation in a coffin produces 160Kg of carbon dioxide. An alternative is cardboard coffins and biodegradable shrouds. Some are suggesting the establishment of burial grounds in forests, so that decomposing bodies eventually become sequestered into the wood of trees, rather than becoming gaseous carbon dioxide, adding to an already overloaded atmosphere."

Jax 29th May 2019 03:55 PM

Re: Cremation Integration
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pandora (Post 481790)
Green cremation is a gentle, eco-friendly alternative to flame-based crematdecomposing bodies eventually become sequestered into the wood of trees, rather than becoming gaseous carbon dioxide, adding to an already overloaded atmosphere."


Mighty oaks from little acorns grow, or possibly....... from little Aussie Journalists :D

Jax


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger