Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Show your movies (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50229)

shenstone 31st March 2019 08:44 PM

Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly I just saw this

Sadly I did not have my EM1 with me so this is from my phone. the noise is from the fire engine which was already onsite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dcq...ature=youtu.be

Regards
Andy

Jax 31st March 2019 09:09 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shenstone (Post 477005)
Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly I just saw this

Sadly I did not have my EM1 with me so this is from my phone. the noise is from the fire engine which was already onsite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dcq...ature=youtu.be

Regards
Andy


All I get is : This video is unavailable


Jax

shenstone 31st March 2019 09:16 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax (Post 477006)
All I get is : This video is unavailable


Jax

Apologies I've not used youtube uploads before I think I had it set to private - is it visible now ?

Regards
Andy

Jax 31st March 2019 09:20 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shenstone (Post 477007)
Apologies I've not used youtube uploads before I think I had it set to private - is it visible now ?

Regards
Andy

Yes it's fine now thanks.


Jax

pdk42 31st March 2019 09:37 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Maybe some moron started it. What's worrying is that it's still only March and we've had a number of heath fires already. If the summer is even slightly like last year's then I fear more wildfires. The UK really hasn't been used to this phenomenon at all. A sign of rapidly-changing climate I think.

benvendetta 1st April 2019 11:12 AM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
I have done a lot of mountain biking in the Rudry area. Real shame about this....

cinders 1st April 2019 12:05 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
I was trying to work out which bit of the common it was? Such a shame that idiots find it fun to start fires.

shenstone 1st April 2019 12:14 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinders (Post 477083)
I was trying to work out which bit of the common it was? Such a shame that idiots find it fun to start fires.

I was standing at the car park to the south of the mountain (its a hill really) - red dot and I think the area burning was much of the yellow shaded area.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/rudry.jpg

regards
Andy

cinders 1st April 2019 12:58 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
That's about where I thought. I'd just gone to bed when I saw your post - or I might have driven up there...or at least near enough to see it from a distance.

DerekW 1st April 2019 03:12 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Still no video

shenstone 1st April 2019 03:22 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekW (Post 477108)
Still no video

Hi Derek

Everyone else can see it now - what error do you get and what technology are you using?

Regards
Andy

DerekW 1st April 2019 03:24 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Firefox and Safari on a Mac wiith Mojave
on your video I get an Exclamation mark in a circle.
With other Youtube videos the video does not play, but I can download it to play locally.

Jax 1st April 2019 04:14 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
No problem experienced with the video on Win 10. It's still working fine since you corrected the "privacy" glitch. *chr

Jax

shenstone 1st April 2019 06:08 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekW (Post 477110)
Firefox and Safari on a Mac wiith Mojave
on your video I get an Exclamation mark in a circle.
With other Youtube videos the video does not play, but I can download it to play locally.


Sorry I have no idea why it doesn't play on a Mac, I'm a Windows user.

As to downloading I thought YouTube did not support that anyway


As I said earlier this is my 1st go at YouTube I was just trying it out

try it on vimeo instead https://vimeo.com/327599234

regards
Andy

Ross the fiddler 1st April 2019 09:18 PM

Re: Grass Fire on Rudry Mountain, Caerphilly 31-Mar-2019
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdk42 (Post 477013)
Maybe some moron started it. What's worrying is that it's still only March and we've had a number of heath fires already. If the summer is even slightly like last year's then I fear more wildfires. The UK really hasn't been used to this phenomenon at all. A sign of rapidly-changing climate I think.

That's the sort of scenes of summer down-under, but then it's getting more catastrophic at times now though, although thankfully we've had a mild summer in NSW around greater Sydney with periods of rain at times.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger