Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its a girl :) well done Kate & Wills (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37556)

Chevvyf1 2nd May 2015 10:47 AM

Its a girl :) well done Kate & Wills

It is a girl :) and after only 2 hours in the Lindo Wing, glad for Kate it was relatively short time :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-32562731

Now what shall be the announced Name(s) ?

Got to have a Diana in there somewhere *chr

Zuiko 2nd May 2015 11:53 AM

Re: Its a girl :) well done Kate & Wills

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess - a wonderful and happy occasion, as it is for any parents. Wishing them all the best.

Ross the fiddler 2nd May 2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 342550)
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess - a wonderful and happy occasion, as it is for any parents. Wishing them all the best.

And from me too, down-under. *yes

*chr

Jim Ford 2nd May 2015 02:13 PM

I like the Huffington Post article:

"Breaking News: A married mother has given birth to her second child.

It comes following approximately nine months of pregnancy, a condition commonly caused by an act of unprotected sexual intercourse.

In 2013 the woman delivered her first child in similar circumstances.

The mother and her newborn are in good health, a source revealed.

The baby girl expected to embark on a privileged childhood alongside its elder sibling when she leaves hospital."

Jim

Jim Ford 2nd May 2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 342550)

I think "the best" of everything is a given - wealth, power, privilege etc.!

Jim

Zuiko 2nd May 2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ford (Post 342582)
I think "the best" of everything is a given - wealth, power, privilege etc.!

Jim

Everything except control of their own destinies. I wouldn't swap places with any of the Royals!

Jim Ford 2nd May 2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 342588)
Everything except control of their own destinies. I wouldn't swap places with any of the Royals!

And I'd bet they'd be even less willing to swap places with 'us'!

Jim

Chevvyf1 2nd May 2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 342588)

John, I totally agree ! their harassment and having to live "their life ?" in the public eye and with Press Journalists and Photographers following them everywhere they can ... I would not wist it on anyone.

However, I think Kate & Wills are very "grounded" and careful about "photo opportunities" since Diana' debacle and sad death :) there are some controls :)

But they HAVE to choose their "friends" very carefully, everyone has a price and so many want to make "a buck or thousand bucks" from knowing them and feeding the "media" :(

At least their new home affords a great deal of privacy :) thanks to the Queen gifting the house on the Estate to them :)

Naughty Nigel 2nd May 2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ford (Post 342589)
And I'd bet they'd be even less willing to swap places with 'us'!

Jim

I'm not so sure about that. Edward seems to lead a fairly normal life, and William is working without payment for the Norfolk Air Ambulance service.

There have also been other royals who have defected to 'more normal' lives over the years, including William's great, great (?) uncle.

For what its worth, its not a life I would want. Many of my clients are very wealthy people, but the more I learn about them and their lifestyles the less I want it myself.

Chevvyf1 2nd May 2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 342593)

For what its worth, its not a life I would want. Many of my clients are very wealthy people, but the more I learn about them and their lifestyles the less I want it myself.

Hear *chr Hear *chr

We have "friends" who live 1.5m - 3m homes :) Show Houses which every day/week/month & year look like a Strutt & Parker or Savills Property Sales "set" :) Never a "home" ; they barely spend much time there, working long hours and travelling into London on the train every week day - hardly see their children ... who are at minders or nursery until school and age 7 go to boarding school :( only to be seen when the school Inconveniences Parents with extra long holidays, far more than state school children :)

kitchens are installed which cost upwards from 58,000 :eek: and they are not cooked in, more than once a week and most often, then by a "paid chef to cook for a dinner party" :(

Often these big houses are so darn COLD - rarely getting the heating on as a) owners only there to sleep week day nights and b) it COST an absolute fortune to heat in excess of 5,000 sq ft homes :(

Give a snug sitting room and a wood burner anyday in a cute cottage :) thats a real home to me :) and LIVED IN daily :)

Jim Ford 2nd May 2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel (Post 342593)
William is working without payment for the Norfolk Air Ambulance service.

Gosh, I wonder how he gets by? Still, I guess he can always go to a local food bank!

Jim

StephenL 2nd May 2015 04:20 PM

As in all walks of life, there are variants. For instance, we live on, and my wife works on, a large private estate for a titled family. They own a large house, which is warm and friendly. Everyone on the estate is made to feel like family, and I can walk into their kitchen almost anytime for a cup of tea. He is ex-Guards and now self-employed in estate management. Very down-to-earth people who would never ask anyone to do something they wouldn't muck in themselves to help.

On the other hand, we've also worked for another titled family who didn't even know how to make a cup of tea and treated underlings like dirt.

Naughty Nigel 2nd May 2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 342597)
Hear *chr Hear *chr

We have "friends" who live 1.5m - 3m homes :) Show Houses which every day/week/month & year look like a Strutt & Parker or Savills Property Sales "set" :)

To put things into perspective, 3 million would pay for the first two metres of a seventy metre superyacht, or would pay for fuel and crew for a year! :)

But it keeps me and an awful lot of other people in work!

Chevvyf1 2nd May 2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ford (Post 342603)
Gosh, I wonder how he gets by? Still, I guess he can always go to a local food bank!

Jim

Well, have you seen Prince Charles doing some real work Jim ? on a regular basis ? At least Wills does Give something seriously for his Paypacket ! *chr

Zuiko 2nd May 2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ford (Post 342603)

Jim

I clicked "like" because I did enjoy the sarcastic humour. :D