Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M5 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   OM-D E-M5 Delivery Date - Oh Dear! (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19622)

DekHog 1st April 2012 01:35 PM

OM-D E-M5 Delivery Date - Oh Dear!

Part of an email just received from Amazon below.....

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Olympus OM-D EM-5 Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera - Black (16.1MP, Live MOS, M.Zuiko 12-50mm Lens) 3.0 inch OLED"

Estimated arrival date: May 09 2012 - June 07 2012

:mad: :(

StephenL 1st April 2012 03:11 PM

Re: OM-D E-M5 Delivery Date - Oh Dear!

I did wonder about ordering from Amazon but instead pre-ordered from SRS, who are saying 3 weeks. We'll see!

DekHog 1st April 2012 03:19 PM

Yeah, wouldn't think there will be much if anything in it no matter who it's coming from. Have just always always found Amazon so good with delivery, returns etc that they're hard to beat, and obviously carry a bit of clout with suppliers due to the sheer volume of goods they must ship......

art frames 1st April 2012 03:48 PM

Derek

I had the same email - I feel it leaves you in a quandary. I find their automatic responses fairly unhelpful. I have had these sort of emails before and then received a despatching now email the day after (not on a camera) and some where the goods never ever came in to stock!.

I'd like to hear something from Olympus on where the stock is going. I hope they aren't ignoring Amazon!

Peter

StephenL 1st April 2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekHog (Post 158003)
Yeah, wouldn't think there will be much if anything in it no matter who it's coming from. Have just always always found Amazon so good with delivery, returns etc that they're hard to beat, and obviously carry a bit of clout with suppliers due to the sheer volume of goods they must ship......

Of course, Amazon is 4p cheaper, which must appeal to a Dundee-onian :eek:

brianvickers 1st April 2012 04:05 PM

Jacobs have avoided any commitment to a date when I asked last week...just that we'll be in touch....

DekHog 1st April 2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenL (Post 158012)
Of course, Amazon is 4p cheaper, which must appeal to a Dundee-onian :eek:

It was actually 1p, and I must admit that's what swung the deal their way... :rolleyes:

Peter - I know what you mean, it's just an automatically generated email and bears no real indication as to if and when it will show up with them.... the E-PL2 is still plugging away fine, but that fact doesn't ease the GAS in me! (where's that farting smiley when you need it most?) ;)

StephenL 1st April 2012 05:40 PM

How early did you order? I wonder if it's just that their initial allocation has been capped? If I recall they did not list the camera as early as other retailers.

Chevvyf1 1st April 2012 06:02 PM

I have not had an update from Park - but then I never received an invite to try the OM-D either :( But my order has been in since January !

StephenL 1st April 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 158024)
I have not had an update from Park - but then I never received an invite to try the OM-D either :( But my order has been in since January !

Thought you said you'd cancelled your order? *chr

Chevvyf1 1st April 2012 06:07 PM

Stephen, I decided to hold fire on my order ... maybe I shall buy :eek:

BTW love your little house on F...r :D

StephenL 1st April 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 158026)

BTW love your little house on F...r :D

Thanks - that was at Ryedale Folk Museum near Pickering, North Yorkshire.

DekHog 1st April 2012 06:50 PM

Stephen, it was only about 2-3 weeks ago I pre-ordered from Amazon.... a bit late to the party, so may have to suffer you guys having your grubby mitts on one a while before me.....

PeterBirder 1st April 2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 (Post 158024)

Chevvy I don't think anyone got an invite to the Park event, it was just listed on their website under "events. I missed this and only found out about it when IainMacD put a post on here. Of course the object of the event was to drum up more pre-orders rather than satisfy folk like us who can't wait to get our hands on one.:D:D
Interestingly, when I said to the Olympus rep yesterday that I had read on the internet that delivery was expected in the third week in April he sort of muttered " well the end of April or early March".
I suspect it all depends on when the "slow boat from China" arrives at the Port of Felixstowe. Perhaps some of us East Anglian members should get together and try to "liberate" a few OM-D's "when the boat comes in".*idea

Regards.

Chevvyf1 1st April 2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterBirder (Post 158042)
Chevvy I don't think anyone got an invite to the Park event, it was just listed on their website ... "when the boat comes in".*idea

Regards.

Ahhh! Peter Thanks for this ... I have not looked at P www for agesssss ! I heard end April/May is delivery date :D but who really knows :eek: