Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Do we have an Admin team or Moderators around here? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11256)

pepper 7th October 2010 02:49 PM

Re: Do we have an Admin team or Moderators around here?

benvendetta's right TP is TalkPhotography forum where you are moderated within an inch of your life.

There will be no joining up and posting your adverts for sale in there and when you finally meet the criteria to do so watch out for all the petty rules you have to comply with too!

I was on the other foot where I was interested in buying a lens off a chap and another member brought up the fact that the said lens was on ebay and that it had been bought and sold a few times over a few months and wanted to know why, I linked to the auction and got my post deleted and a reprimand! Ok I could have been clearer in my post but the post was relevant. Needless to say I didn't buy the lens.

It is very Nikon and Canon orientated but I hide in the film and conventional area and the mods don't wander in too much, though they did the other night and suspended one of the most regular users!

Zuiko 7th October 2010 03:45 PM

To be fair to the mods on TP there is a huge amount of traffic on that site and a large number of hooligans. Where they do fall down is by sometimes being inconsistent and unfair with, seemingly, a little favouritism creeping in. I wouldn't relish the job, though.

This site is much more civilized, friendly and photography orientated - have you tried actually posting a picture on TP? :eek:

No surprise that I've clocked up over 10 times the number of posts here and on FT User than I have on TP! However, TP is good when you want to hone your debating skills or "ruffle a few feathers," although of course I would never advocate trolling. :D

theMusicMan 7th October 2010 04:15 PM

It's the inconsistency of the site that makes it poor to be honest. There is blatant favouritism, an inconsistent approach to who is allowed to do and say certain things, and who isn't. Some people are so rude and arrogant it is unreal - especially pro togs who are so far up their own backsides with their self importance and egos.

If you want a laugh, have a read of any wedding thread where people look for help and guidance, and you'll be in hysterics. Guaranteed to get the pros or wanna be pros saying... don't bother, get a pro in to do it.

David Gethin 7th October 2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuiko (Post 86911)
I once got suspended for a week for sending a PM to an Nikon-hole telling him he was, well....an Nikon-hole! (Use your imagination to substitute "Nikon!")

ROFL I love the idea of mild mannered janitor by day, out and out ASBO yob by night... I'm glad we get the Zuiko alter ego on here though ;)

Zuiko 7th October 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Gethin (Post 87053)
ROFL I love the idea of mild mannered janitor by day, out and out ASBO yob by night... I'm glad we get the Zuiko alter ego on here though ;)

Don't worry David, I'm only impolite to those who are impolite themselves, and we haven't got any like that here! :D

OlyPaul 7th October 2010 09:20 PM

I only ever post in the image editing section on that site and then usally just to show up the Photoshop "experts" when they say something like you cannot do that in LR/Elements...then when you prove them wrong there is a defining silence..great fun.:D

benvendetta 7th October 2010 09:27 PM

I have just signed up to TP. Time for some fun!:D

gregles 7th October 2010 09:42 PM

You guys are bad*whack

I have registered too*shh

theMusicMan 7th October 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 87071)
I have just signed up to TP. Time for some fun!:D

You're wicked.

OK folks... how long before benvendetta gets himself a temporary suspension from TP then...

I'll give him 1 month!!*chr

Zuiko 7th October 2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMusicMan (Post 87077)
You're wicked.

OK folks... how long before benvendetta gets himself a temporary suspension from TP then...

I'll give him 1 month!!*chr

He could still manage it today if he's quick! :D

ringneck 7th October 2010 10:45 PM

Was invited to join up to a new site and registered last night......got into a long winded "discussion" about uploading tonight and got a RED warning that I could not do any more postings so deleted my membership....but they still said THEY would have to agree for me to do that.
I am no longer a member..for now.A friend in work knows one of the Mods and I am sure they will soon find out THEY were at fault..he he.

keith *chr

pepper 8th October 2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 87071)
i have just signed up to tp. Time for some fun!:d

what have i done????

danellis 8th October 2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 87107)
what have i done????

Inserted a great big whisk into a hornets' nest, and pressed the "on" button by the sound of things.

dJE

Kiwi Paul 8th October 2010 07:45 AM

Just tell them the Zuiko lenses are the best there are and nothing gets close, I did once, I think they just changed topic as there was nothing to debate lol.

Paul

Zuiko 8th October 2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofmix (Post 87118)
Just tell them the Zuiko lenses are the best there are and nothing gets close, I did once, I think they just changed topic as there was nothing to debate lol.

Paul

I think that is something which is secretly, if not openly, acknowledged by informed users of any brand and as such is not really contentious. They'd far rather talk about noise and DOF. :D