Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus E-5 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ýve joined the e5 camera club (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45129)

Gazza1 24th May 2017 03:36 PM

ýve joined the e5 camera club

Ive just received an e5 of Jason (jchallen)

Looking forward to taking it out tomoz with the 12-60mm lens attached after i finish tonights shift.

IainMacD 24th May 2017 06:33 PM

Re: ýve joined the e5 camera club

You won't be disappointed!

Gazza1 26th July 2017 03:27 PM

Just got a 2nd e5 off of ebay all the way from oz with only 2,500 shutter actuations ��

The I/O rubber port cover is missing does anybody know were i can purchase one from or have a dead e5 they want to sell ☺

Melaka 27th July 2017 05:34 PM

Try Luton Cameras.

Gazza1 27th July 2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melaka (Post 422842)
Try Luton Cameras.

Ive emailed them a few days ago but not had a reply back yet.

Ian 28th July 2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza1 (Post 422847)

I have spoken to them on the phone. I had a 40-150 Pro that had been dropped and needed it to be fixed fairly quickly but ended up using the Olympus service because Luton Cameras warned me that getting the parts could take a long time.

Ian

Bikie John 28th July 2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza1 (Post 422847)

I have always found Luton very good at doing the job, and very helpful on the phone, but not very responsive to email. Might be better to give them a ring.

John

Gazza1 29th July 2017 02:01 AM

Sadly Luton Cameras have none and neither do Olympus UK so if anyone has a dead E5 for sale or knows of one please let me know 😊

IainMacD 29th July 2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza1 (Post 423020)
Sadly Luton Cameras have none and neither do Olympus UK so if anyone has a dead E5 for sale or knows of one please let me know 😊

One from an E-3 should fit too? I seem to remember it is the same body shell, but if I am wrong somebody on here will let us know. :)

Ian 29th July 2017 09:04 AM

Can Luton Cameras not order one?

Ian

Gazza1 29th July 2017 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=Ian;423043]Can Luton Cameras not order one?

Ian[/QUOTE

Bloke at Luton Cameras checked his inventary and said no stock,plus he said no more from Olympus,plus i rang Olympus Uk and was told no spares available 😐

I can live without it as i wont use the ports and can put black tape over it but am worried about sand etc on beach as i am always chaseing the grandkids around there so dont want the salt spray or sand getting in there and causing damage. Its a shame really as otherwise body is in excellent condition with only just over 2,500 shutter actuations 😊

Ivor 1st August 2017 07:01 PM

I still use my E-5 and love it.

One handy hint: see the two little screws either side of the tripod mount. Check they are still tight. They do fall out. I bought replacements and have put a drop of Locktite on the thread.

Enjoy using it. It's a fine camera.

RobEW 17th April 2018 08:20 AM

Slight tangent, but does the E5 offer any advantages over the E-M1 (for an enthusiastic user of FT glass like me)? Obviously sensors have improved over the years, and E-M1 offers lots more features and gizmos. Used E5s seem to go for a lot of money, more than used E-M1s, which suggests at least some people like them.

Ivor 17th April 2018 01:21 PM

I still use my E-5 professionally, although I use MFT kit more. There is a misconception that as cameras get older their performance gets worse - it doesn't! They still take as good pictures as they once did and with good quality glass, the E-5 still takes outstanding images. Pro-grade Four Thirds lenses are cheap as chips now, and I suspect that is why the E-5's body holds its price.

Jim Ford 17th April 2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IainMacD (Post 423037)
One from an E-3 should fit too? I seem to remember it is the same body shell, but if I am wrong somebody on here will let us know. :)

The body is different to the E3 because of the larger screen. The cover is also different and won't fit the E5 (I've got both).

Jim