Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus Pen-F (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   What do these letters mean? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50415)

Paul19 23rd April 2019 05:11 AM

What do these letters mean?
 
I'm finally going to full fill my long held wish to buy a PEN F - Yeh!
However checking out the various selling website I noticed some PEN Fs have the letters ZF and others XK. What is this all about?

Shaw 23rd April 2019 07:59 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul19 (Post 478979)
I'm finally going to full fill my long held wish to buy a PEN F - Yeh!
However checking out the various selling website I noticed some PEN Fs have the letters ZF and others XK. What is this all about?

I'm not sure, but iy could be to do with the colour. Black or silver.

Keith-369 23rd April 2019 10:16 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

I do presume however that, if that is the case and you really want one, prices should be dropping soon and you should get a bargain if you wait a little while.

Westy 23rd April 2019 11:09 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
The pen-F is a cracking camera. I can actually see the prices climbing over the coming months as stocks dry up. Seriuosly thinking of buying a second body, to keep as a spare for the future as there isnt an Mk2 coming.

Ross the fiddler 23rd April 2019 11:21 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul19 (Post 478979)
I'm finally going to full fill my long held wish to buy a PEN F - Yeh!
However checking out the various selling website I noticed some PEN Fs have the letters ZF and others XK. What is this all about?

Before looking it up, I'm going to guess ZF is Silver & XK is Black. Now I'll do some research. ;)

Ross the fiddler 23rd April 2019 11:28 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models & Black in stock.

*chr

Paul19 24th April 2019 08:32 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
[QUOTE=Keith-369;479010]Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

It's because of that very reason I have finally made the move.

Paul19 24th April 2019 08:35 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler (Post 479017)
Before looking it up, I'm going to guess ZF is Silver & XK is Black. Now I'll do some research. ;)

Thanks - Seems these letters appear only on ads from Hong Kong (in ebay), don't seem to be related to the colour.

Paul19 24th April 2019 08:40 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy (Post 479016)
The pen-F is a cracking camera. I can actually see the prices climbing over the coming months as stocks dry up. Seriously thinking of buying a second body, to keep as a spare for the future as there isnt an Mk2 coming.

Fully agree, I've been following the second hand market for some time now. These only appear occasionally and the prices aren't much below the lowest new price.

Keith-369 24th April 2019 09:45 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
[quote=Paul19;479100]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith-369 (Post 479010)
Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

It's because of that very reason I have finally made the move.

As long as you knew, that's all that matters.
I hope you get a great price and that you will have years of fun with it. *chr

Paul19 12th May 2019 06:31 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Ross the Fiddler, "The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models and Black in stock."
Thank you Ross. Yes I went with them - having fun!

Ross the fiddler 12th May 2019 08:57 AM

Re: What do these letters mean?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul19 (Post 480572)
Ross the Fiddler, "The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models and Black in stock."
Thank you Ross. Yes I went with them - having fun!

Half ya luck! :D I can only dream (for an E-M1X though). :o


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger