Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   E-M1 Mkii Menu settings spreadsheet (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43468)

Gwyver 21st November 2016 05:48 PM

E-M1 Mkii Menu settings spreadsheet

3 Attachment(s)
The attached file provides an Excel spreadsheet for recording your camera's menu and custom settings when you configure it to suit your shooting preferences.

This s'sheet may be unnecessary in view of the statement at the end of the Readme file for the new release of the Olympus CameraUpdater program i.e. "Ver. 2.0 November 1, 2016
* Latest settings/Mysets can now be saved and loaded.
"

However it might be that you still wish to have a readable record of your camera's configuration, in which case I hope you find this useful.

Some caveats:
  1. Unlike Greg Bloor's spreadsheet for the original E-M1, this version does NOT use pictograms to represent the camera controls & functions.
    As a result it is much simpler to use the Excel range Hide/Expand tools to focus on & navigate (through the ~350 rows) to those areas of the settings which are of most interest.
If you find any significant errors/omissions please let me know.

This ZIP file contains a single .xlsx spreadsheet file, and the spreadsheet does NOT include any macros.

210161227 Spreadsheet updated to v1_00. Thanks to 'Lester' for pointing out the errors in the Custom mode 1 settings.

20170127 Spreadsheet updated to v1_01 incorporating some of mitchellwam's comments - see post 14 for more details.
Attachment 3883

Here is a version of the settings spreadsheet containing the changes corresponding to Firmware Release 2.0
Attachment 4550

Here is a version of the settings spreadsheet containing the changes corresponding to Firmware Release 3.0
Attachment 4978

The "Notes" worksheet contains a list of the v3 changes so that users can cut/copy & paste the modified rows into their existing customised v2 settings spreadsheets - and thus avoid the need to re-enter all previous data

Ross the fiddler 10th December 2016 01:54 AM

Re: E-M1 Mkii Menu settings spreadsheet

The other alternative is to print off the Menu pages 165 - 176 of the E-M1 Mk II Instruction Manual & scribble on them.

hoodlum 10th December 2016 02:56 AM

Also, the latest version of the Olympus Digital Camera Update allows you to save/restore your camera settings. I believe this will only work with the E-M1ii.

This could be useful if you have 2 mkii bodies that share the same settings or if you lose your settings after a firmware update.

Bassman51 16th December 2016 05:05 PM

FWIW, this will upload just fine into Google Sheets. That makes it each to access from mobile devices like phones and tablets.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone!

G2EWS 18th December 2016 09:10 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing. I have added it to my Shared 'Evernote OMD Notebook'

https://www.evernote.com/pub/g2ews/omd

Best regards

Chris

Gwyver 19th December 2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodlum (Post 400514)
Also, the latest version of the Olympus Digital Camera Update allows you to save/restore your camera settings. I believe this will only work with the E-M1ii.

Be careful, this may not work on every occasion the camera f/w is updated. See: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...386#post401386

Bassman51 19th December 2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwyver (Post 401387)
Be careful, this may not work on every occasion the camera f/w is updated. See: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...386#post401386

This, of course, is and has always been a ridiculous restriction by Olympus. There's absolutely no reason why the old settings couldn't be remapped into any conceivable new data structure, with new options set to default and no longer relevant options dropped. It's simply laziness in the part of Olympus engineering.

Lester 27th December 2016 05:31 PM

Nice spreadsheet, thanks!

In the "Custom_Modes" worksheet, the way I read the manual for the custom settings, and the way they seem to come up in my camera, is that C1 is: AF all targets, not single target; C-AF, not S-AF; and SeqL, not SeqH.

Gwyver 27th December 2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lester (Post 402300)
Nice spreadsheet, thanks!

In the "Custom_Modes" worksheet, the way I read the manual for the custom settings, and the way they seem to come up in my camera, is that C1 is: AF all targets, not single target; C-AF, not S-AF; and SeqL, not SeqH.

Lester,
Thanks for this. I've included your corrections in v1_00 of the spreadsheet which is now available as a replacement (see tha attachment in the OP).

mitchellwam 26th January 2017 07:26 PM

Dear Gwyver,

As a newbie to the Olympus world I found your settings spreadsheet to be enormously valuable! In going through it and recording my custom setting I changed a couple of areas to sync with the manual.

I can send you the revised spreadsheet if you would like - however I don't know how to do it on this forum.

I am from the US and member of several Olympus Facebook groups where some members have asked if anyone knows where to get something like your spreadsheet. I can direct them to this site (you'll be getting folks registering from all over the world).

Or I can put the spreadsheet in Dropbox (with proper attribution) and share the dropbox link to interested parties. But only with your explicit permission.

Again thanks for doing this and I look forward to your reply.

PS: I also sent this to the ADMIN account before I realized that I could reply directly to the thread.

Gwyver 26th January 2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchellwam (Post 405071)
Dear Gwyver,

As a newbie to the Olympus world I found your settings spreadsheet to be enormously valuable! In going through it and recording my custom setting I changed a couple of areas to sync with the manual.

I can send you the revised spreadsheet if you would like - however I don't know how to do it on this forum.

I am from the US and member of several Olympus Facebook groups where some members have asked if anyone knows where to get something like your spreadsheet. I can direct them to this site (you'll be getting folks registering from all over the world).

Or I can put the spreadsheet in Dropbox (with proper attribution) and share the dropbox link to interested parties. But only with your explicit permission.

Again thanks for doing this and I look forward to your reply.

PS: I also sent this to the ADMIN account before I realized that I could reply directly to the thread.

You could either...
  1. ZIP your spreadsheet and attach it to a PM to me, so that I can subsequently update the spreadsheet on this site.
  2. Or, if there are only a couple of lines which you think need changing, why not post to this thread with the affected row numbers and a comment on the issues. That way all the existing spreadsheet users will be able to see how to amend their copies (without needing to copy their all data to a new version).
Thanks in advance.

mitchellwam 26th January 2017 09:02 PM

The changes I made are:

A2/AF Set Home: there is a second level menu:

Function: AF Mode
Default: S1

Function: [All/Single/Cross/Box]
Default: [All]

Function: Zoom
Default: Zoom

B/Dial Function: I added the defaults for Lever Position 2:

Dial Function (F=Front Dial) R=Rear Dial)
P Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Ps, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
A Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=FNo., Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
S Lever1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
M Lever 1: F=FNo., R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=Exposure Comp, R=ISO

D1/Display Content

"Playback Settings" is Changed to "Info Settings"

I believe that these are accurate but would appreciate any comments/corrections.

Thanks

Maria 27th January 2017 08:32 AM

Thanks for this, I have downloaded it and it should prove very useful with so many possible customisations! I was planning to print out the relevant manual pages and scribble on them - but this is much better.

Gwyver 27th January 2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchellwam (Post 405083)
The changes I made are:

A2/AF Set Home: there is a second level menu:

Function: AF Mode
Default: S1

Function: [All/Single/Cross/Box]
Default: [All]

Function: Zoom
Default: Zoom

B/Dial Function: I added the defaults for Lever Position 2:

Dial Function (F=Front Dial) R=Rear Dial)
P Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Ps, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
A Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=FNo., Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
S Lever1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
M Lever 1: F=FNo., R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=Exposure Comp, R=ISO

D1/Display Content

"Playback Settings" is Changed to "Info Settings"

I believe that these are accurate but would appreciate any comments/corrections.

Thanks

mitchellwam,
Thanks for these comments. I've created an updated version (v1.01) of the spreadsheet. This incorporates the following changes:-
  1. A2 (AutoFocus) AF Set Home:- amended the Default values by adding AF Mode = S-AF, Target Group=All, and changing 'Zoom' to 'Home Position=Centre'.
  2. A2 (AutoFocus) AF Group Custom Settings:-
    Changed 'Zoom' to 'Position ↑↓' or 'Position ←→' as appropriate.
    Inserted 5 new rows at row 147 to specify 'Set 2' settings and default values.
  3. c) D1 (Display Content):- Changed the function title from 'Playback settings' to 'Playback / Info settings' to better reflect the feature.
I decided NOT to change the Dial & Lever function defaults in B (Button/Dial/Lever) as I think this makes the relevant cell contents overcomplex.

As previously, the updated spreadsheet can be downloaded from the OP.

mitchellwam 27th January 2017 04:14 PM

Thanks Chris.

I've run across several requests for this type of spreadsheet from folks scattered around the world. Would you like me to direct them to your spreadsheet?

Or I can put it in a dropbox folder (with proper attribution) and keep the traffic off of your UK forum.

Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks again