Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   For sale or wanted small ads (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   FOUND "Heads-Up" EM1 mk2 at Aperture for 1450 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43974)

Simon Bee 12th January 2017 06:46 PM

"Heads-Up" EM1 mk2 at Aperture for 1450

Just came across this and want to give any prospective purchasers a 'Heads-Up".

Simon

Currently showing on 'line 3' of the page

http://www.apertureuk.com/Other_Cameras.html

timboo 13th January 2017 07:16 AM

Re: "Heads-Up" EM1 mk2 at Aperture for 1450

Very good price for a minute i actually considered trading in my em1 with two of my lenses so it would cost next to nothing to swap leaving me with just my 12-40. Then my sensible head took over saying I must be mad!
Then I blamed u for posting this and making my mind even consider it. There should be a thitd option in addition to like and thank such as 'bad influence' or 'founds'.

sapper 13th January 2017 11:20 AM

I has probably gone, there is no "link" to take you to a page to buy it. I know, I tried.

Phill D 13th January 2017 11:27 AM

Seems very odd as there are a lot of entries on that list without links to the cameras. If it is as advertised it is or was a real bargain.

timboo 13th January 2017 12:42 PM

I was in their shop last week and their Olympus stock comes and goes very quickly so they probably sold it as soon as it appeared online. It is a small but very busy shop, I overheard a member of staff saying they have recently seen a surge in buyers from middle east and afar due to prices increasing for new. They specifically commented on the largest lenses for nikon and canon that they go as soon as they get them in, due to price gap between new and second hand.
Shows how markets are changing.

Olybirder 13th January 2017 01:01 PM

I don't think there is any way to buy the items directly on the site. It says orders may be placed via email or over the phone. The camera might still be for sale. With quick moving stock it is probably not worth providing photos straight away.

Ron

timboo 13th January 2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olybirder (Post 403784)
I don't think there is any way to buy the items directly on the site. It says orders may be placed via email or over the phone. The camera might still be for sale. With quick moving stock it is probably not worth providing photos straight away.

Ron

Always worth a whirl with a call. I'd agree with you though I've never seen a link or photos of any items so must be over phone sales.
If anyone wants it viewing let me know as I pass the place once a week.

mack100 13th January 2017 05:52 PM

Once I realised that you couldn't link directly to the item I phoned them up, it was still for sale!
I know it sounds daft but I was so uncertain I said I'd call back. After a quick word with my wife ( after I'd given her a G&T ) I called back and bought it:D

timboo 13th January 2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack100 (Post 403809)
Once I realised that you couldn't link directly to the item I phoned them up, it was still for sale!
I know it sounds daft but I was so uncertain I said I'd call back. After a quick word with my wife ( after I'd given her a G&T ) I called back and bought it:D

Thank god u bought it saved me having thoughts. Aperture usually post a sold sign on items for a couple of days once sold.

Congratulations on your new purchase id be lying if said i wasnt slightly jealous.

mack100 13th January 2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timboo (Post 403819)
Thank god u bought it saved me having thoughts. Aperture usually post a sold sign on items for a couple of days once sold.

Congratulations on your new purchase id be lying if said i wasnt slightly jealous.

Thanks. Always happy to help, I'm like that:D

nothing wrong with a bit of jealousy, you know you'll buy one eventually anyway!

Jim Ford 13th January 2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

After a quick word with my wife ( after I'd given her a G&T ) I called back and bought it:D

What, after a whole bottle?

;^)

Jim

Phill D 13th January 2017 08:30 PM

Blimey wish I'd thought of that :eek:. Must get some gin in :D
Not that there will be many bargains like that around for a while though. Well done Mack. I look forward to seeing the results posted on the forum. Actually there is one sobering thought I wonder what the poor person sold it to Aperture for? that's quite a hit in a few weeks.

Maranatha 13th January 2017 09:04 PM

You could always try the old if you really really love me routine 😀

Simon Bee 13th January 2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Congratulations, always 'glad to be of service' with a heads-up ;)

Simon

Simon Bee 13th January 2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phill D (Post 403825)
Actually there is one sobering thought I wonder what the poor person sold it to Aperture for? that's quite a hit in a few weeks.

It 'may' have been a commission sale Phil, in which case that would equate to 20% of the sale, which in turn would mean a return to the owner of 1160.00 .... quite a 'hit' given how little use it must have had. If he/she sold it to them on an 'outright' basis I would think they likely got only half what they paid for it ... 900 -950.00 .... now that's 'painful'. One other possibility is it was a P/Ex, if so probably got 1k or just above for it.

Kind regards, Simon