Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Olympus Pen Lite E-PL3 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   IBIS fault? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31730)

David Morison 26th February 2014 08:52 AM

IBIS fault?

Could someone please confirm that with IS switched on the system should be able to be heard working and stabilise the image on the LCD? I've hardly used my EPL3 and my expectations are based on my experience of the OMDs so I'm not sure what to expect. Could this be a warranty issue?

Many thanks, David

byegad 26th February 2014 10:44 AM

Re: IBIS fault?

I can't hear my EPL5 or EP3's IBIS, but as my hearing is less than perfect maybeit's there below my threshold.

IainMacD 26th February 2014 11:13 AM

The E-PLs don't have the same IBIS as the OMDs (3-way instead of 5-way) and I can't hear mine on the E-PL5 when it is switched on.

linus1884 26th February 2014 11:41 AM

Hi David

When i had an E-PL3 i couldnt hear the IBIS when switched on, it was silent, are you getting blurry images with your E-PL3?

OlyPaul 26th February 2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IainMacD (Post 281318)
The E-PLs don't have the same IBIS as the OMDs (3-way instead of 5-way) and I can't hear mine on the E-PL5 when it is switched on.

That would be two way axis not three, and the new E-M10 will have three and not 5 like the E-M5.

And to answer Davids question no you cannot hear anything.:)

David Morison 27th February 2014 08:46 AM

Thanks, but would I expect the image on the screen to be steadier with IS operating, I've tried it with the 75-300 mm and it doesn't appear to steady?

David

photo_owl 27th February 2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Morison (Post 281436)
Thanks, but would I expect the image on the screen to be steadier with IS operating, I've tried it with the 75-300 mm and it doesn't appear to steady?

David

completely different set up (if it's the same as the E-P1!)

no IS on half press etc so there's nothing that's going to stabilise the screen image - the proof of the operation is in the image output only.

PeterBirder 27th February 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo_owl (Post 281449)
completely different set up (if it's the same as the E-P1!)

no IS on half press etc so there's nothing that's going to stabilise the screen image - the proof of the operation is in the image output only.

Yes. I checked this on my E-PL1 and it's the same. The " IS release on half press" was introduced on the OM-D's. On the PEN's (at least the older ones) the IS only activates as part of the shutter release sequence.

Regards.*chr

David Morison 27th February 2014 01:12 PM

Many thanks for all your replies, I will now go forward with confidence!

David