Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Do we have an Admin team or Moderators around here? (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11256)

pepper 6th October 2010 08:36 PM

Do we have an Admin team or Moderators around here?

I think Ian is away and has been very busy playing with shiny new E5 cameras, but we could do with a little administration round here.

No one has de stickified the previous challenges and the top sticky at the moment is the reflections challenge from August.

Its making it difficult to keep up with where we are, I am a little slow tho.

j.baker 6th October 2010 09:03 PM

Re: Do we have an Admin team or Moderators around here?

Ian is the administrator. He is now back from his trip abroad.

John, TheMusicMan is a moderator/admin as well.

Someone will be along to help soon........................I hope :)

theMusicMan 6th October 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 86874)
I think Ian is away and has been very busy playing with shiny new E5 cameras, but we could do with a little administration round here.

No one has de stickified the previous challenges and the top sticky at the moment is the reflections challenge from August.

Its making it difficult to keep up with where we are, I am a little slow tho.

Did you contact me privately like most here might have done to ask if I could do this before you posted it on public display to somewhat embarrass me intentionally, or was this an accidental oversight on your part then?

All you had to do was ask. Sheesh.

andym 6th October 2010 09:47 PM

Also you have to remember this is a free and very friendly site,very little argy bagy.So it does not need much moderation.
So if things like sticky threads dont get removed then "whey hey"

My little take on it.

pepper 6th October 2010 09:55 PM

Sorry Musicman, I didn't know you were the moderator/admin chappy round here, hence me asking in the first place, I was only being a little cheeky, and don't mean to upset anyone.

Oh and don't get me wrong, not knowing who the Mod is around here is far far better than getting my fingers slapped like I keep getting over on TP.

I wander round quite a few forums and this ones a lovely little place to snuggle up for a while in.

theMusicMan 6th October 2010 10:09 PM

Ok, thanks for the quick comment. I understand, no probs.

I prefer not to have (as they often do on TP) a great big 'ADMINISTRATOR' in my user title or profile - it's not what I am about.

theMusicMan 6th October 2010 10:23 PM

Edit: wrong thread!!!! d'oh

Zuiko 6th October 2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 86899)

far better than getting my fingers slapped like I keep getting over on TP.

You too, eh? Don't worry, it wouldn't be normal if you didn't, it's that kind of place. I once got suspended for a week for sending a PM to an Nikon-hole telling him he was, well....an Nikon-hole! (Use your imagination to substitute "Nikon!") Guess it was my bad that he was also rather chummy with the mods. It seems that it was far worse that I should insult him in private in the same way that he had just insulted me on the forum. :confused:

I'm sure one day I will get a complete ban! :D

BTW You use the wrong camera to be popular on TP. :rolleyes:

pepper 7th October 2010 06:11 AM

Hi John, I do find it very strange on that forum, yes its a popular place and for someone like me who likes lurking and reading most of the time its ok. But as soon as I post something in a section apart from the film section where I hang out most of the time, I seem to break rules!

I know it's their forum and it is their rules but they do seem to be far too complicated for my liking!

Ian 7th October 2010 07:39 AM

Yes - sorry for that - I am back but been engrossed in getting photos from my trip posted.

Ian

Ulfric M Douglas 7th October 2010 08:40 AM

I think being on a raft in the middle of Apocalypse Now is a very substantial excuse!
*chr

AlistairJ 7th October 2010 09:58 AM

Never get out of the boat!

I once posted a mildly offensive joke on dgrin (only offensive if you have a certain uncomfortable medical condition) and was promptly told off! Then there is UKGSer where the photography sub-forum is ruled with a Canon fist.

*chr

benvendetta 7th October 2010 11:20 AM

I will have to sign up to TP - I fancy ruffling a few feathers! *yes

flying haggis 7th October 2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benvendetta (Post 86976)
I will have to sign up to TP - I fancy ruffling a few feathers! *yes

What is TP and for that matter the other forums mentioned? Lets all ruffle a few feathers on other sites*yes*yes

benvendetta 7th October 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flying haggis (Post 86985)
What is TP and for that matter the other forums mentioned? Lets all ruffle a few feathers on other sites*yes*yes

I think that it is the Talk Photography forum.