Olympus UK E-System User Group

Olympus UK E-System User Group (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/index.php)
-   Movie mode - technical discussions (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   HELP! Using video with the OMD EM1 mk2 (https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48497)

Sisi 4th August 2018 12:56 PM

Using video with the OMD EM1 mk2

Hi,
I am trying out video mode again on the EM1 mk2 but I am having trouble with playing them on the iMac. The video settings I am using are FHD and at 60p - this is what I have been asked to film at for a job coming up. The playback seems fine on the camera but when I download it onto the computer into Lightroom or play in Quicktime the playback freezes up. Is this my screen resolution or to do with other camera settings?? Grateful for any help! Thanks. Sisi

Ross the fiddler 4th August 2018 01:33 PM

Re: Using video with the OMD EM1 mk2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisi (Post 453138)
Hi,
I am trying out video mode again on the EM1 mk2 but I am having trouble with playing them on the iMac. The video settings I am using are FHD and at 60p - this is what I have been asked to film at for a job coming up. The playback seems fine on the camera but when I download it onto the computer into Lightroom or play in Quicktime the playback freezes up. Is this my screen resolution or to do with other camera settings?? Grateful for any help! Thanks. Sisi

I use VLC on a PC. I don't know if that is available for a mac though.

Also, Olympus Viewer 3 can save (convert) the video file as MP4 if desired.

Ian 4th August 2018 01:42 PM

It could be your card reader not being fast enough? Have you transferred the files to the computer's hard disk? What's your computer setup?

Ian

Ian 4th August 2018 01:51 PM

Thinking about it, you have almost certainly moved the video to your computer because you viewed it in Lighthroom.

I notice that my PC, which certainly has enough grunt, does play back 60p files in Lightroom rather jerkily, but it does play them.

They are smoother played externally using a video/movie player.

Ian

Sisi 4th August 2018 02:19 PM

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Maybe it is the media player then?

MJ224 4th August 2018 03:04 PM

We had a recent query about the same problem recently. I think the problem was with the software that is used to replay the video.

Window Media Player works well for me.....*chr

benvendetta 4th August 2018 04:22 PM

I put all my video clips (from my Pen F and EM1.2) from our recent safari trip on a memory stick to play on our TV. They are all jerky so I guess that idea is out.

Ian 4th August 2018 04:27 PM

I'd like to get to the bottom of this; will put my investigators hat on for the next few days!

Ian

tomphotofx 4th August 2018 07:41 PM

VLC is available for iMac, iPad and Mac and can play any video available you care to throw at it plus it’s free too.

Tom

pault 5th August 2018 06:24 AM

Is 60p the issue. Mains supply in uk is 50hz, maybe you film at 24, 25 or 50p frames per second.

Ian 5th August 2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pault (Post 453213)
Is 60p the issue. Mains supply in uk is 50hz, maybe you film at 24, 25 or 50p frames per second.

The original problem Sisi was having wasn't flicker but being unable to view her files at all.

ian